+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League

Uefa said it will use "all measures" possible to stop the "cynical project"........... I`m on the floor looking for my balls, I was laughing so much they fell off

I find it hilarious that Spuds and Le Arse are involved considering how they are doing this season.

Guess that is why they are pushing because they know their a bit ****ed next season otherwise.

In general though, disgusting - all about the money. Chelski supporters trust have already said they don't want it and are disappointed to hear Chelsea are a team involved.

What will happen is that the regular fan won't be able to be involved anymore as they won't be able to afford it, then atmospheres will drop and the money will drop as it won't sell.

Gary Neville's take on it:

https://twitter.com/HLTCO/status/1383831130093223937

Good man!

Aye - Well said.

Not often I'll say that about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye - Well said.

Not often I'll say that about him.
    He is spot on too.

It's a pity they can't kick them out right now and push them past a point of no return.

It’s like The Hundred in cricket - ECB chucked all in on it but county members don’t want it and casual fans will go to a few games here and there but not commit to every match season after season. The Premier League will be a cracking competition without those who want to leave - Leicester already up there, Leeds back in the top flight, Villa & Everton are traditionally two of the bigger clubs and who knows what we could achieve if we are finally free of the fat fück.

West Ham as well, having a decent season this year and would be up there post split.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    we all saw this coming like Geordie mate. The greed of these feckers has no limits.

The greedy Americans put the idea in the heads of the so called bigger clubs with their franchise shlt.
    I hope they all plss off to a super league and are not allowed back when it goes tlts up

I think this may actually go in our favour for the takeover, the PL have backed the so called top 6 and protected them from the nasty Saudi's breaking up their little club, and as you have said, they have basically shafted the PL.
    Fifa, eufa and the leagues have gone big on the punishment if they go ahead.

Players banned from World cups / euros

Clubs banned from leagues and champions league etc

It's not going to happen

All players who play for them will be banned from FIFA & UEFA national competitions

So no world cups for players. No way a Ronaldo or Messi would risk the the opportunity to win World Cup just for money

This is yet another power grab at a time of weakness.

These greedy sons of bitches
    Want more money and fear losing their status as the royalty of European/world clubs

Real Madrid only have their dominance due to the fascist Franco who's corruption saw them dominate the 50s football.

They didn't win clean, but it was so long ago no one can prove that
    They will not play games at OT / EMIRATES
    They will move around the world like exhibition matches
    So how could a team that doesn't play in manchester be called man u?
    It's bull****
    The fans made those teams great
    Filling the stadiums singing the songs chanting the players creating the passion which is what is on sale here
    If they want a super league Start new teams
    Unrelated to traditional clubs , leagues and Nations
    See how that sells
    They can be called anything
    They can recruit anyone
    Just see how many fans they get
    They are not selling the sport they are selling local pride, identity, traditional values

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Gary Neville's take on it:

https://twitter.com/HLTCO/status/1383831130093223937

Good man!
    Nutshell!

Remind me how the Premier League came into existence again?

I find it a bit rich that the Premier League are now spitting out their dummy.

Capitalism baby! Dog eat Dog! Or Billionaire eaten by Bigger Billionaires.

Let them bounce!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)