+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When playing VERTICAL football - which position is ***** in the team ???

When playing VERTICAL football - which position is ***** in the team ???

Could I suggest a FULLY FIT tall striker with the ability to get on the end of the long passes forward - with the ability to hold the ball up so other players can be brought into play.
    As things stand - we have just 45 minutes to enable us to do that.

Nudge take a deep breath and reflect where this group of players have taken us this season .

We've just won 6 Championship away games on the trot and the championship law of averages suggests a 7th would be extraordinary .

We move on to Huddersfield on Wednesday night with our season very much in our own hands .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nudge take a deep breath and reflect where this group of players have taken us this season .

We've just won 6 Championship away games on the trot and the championship law of averages suggests a 7th would be extraordinary .

We move on to Huddersfield on Wednesday night with our season very much in our own hands .
    Yep ........ BUT
    A team that’s flying against a team that’s struggled all season.
    So how DISAPPOINTING was that performance !?!?!
    We never looked like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yep ........ BUT
    The hardest games at this stage of the season are always against the teams fighting for their lives at the foot of the table .

We beat Nottingham Forest and Brentford to stay up last season in the final two games .... remember !!! .

We move on to Wednesday night , the game today is now history .

The most disappointing thing was this - not just losing to a club near the relegation zone - nope, the most disappointing aspect was that we didn’t look like scoring and on that showing I think it could signal the end of the season.
    I was hoping we would make the playoffs - I don’t think that’s possible now.

Yep ........ BUT
    Do you forget us last yr nudge, brentford were promoted until a team thats been struggling all season came along
    Fighting to stay in a very hard league am still going to sleep well tonight knowing were 4 points clear you do same cocker.

YES that was a worryingly awful phoned-in performance, against a poor team etc.
    Who shone out for us ehh today, who actually had a good or even decent game ?. Nobody did, and its absolutely unacceptable at this stage of the season of course.

But it happens, and we must try to forget about this now and move on. Its still in our own hands and I still prefer our position at the moment ahead of Reading.

Coventry might av put summat in water, they used do loads to greyhounds to slow them down ie fit mussel some how so they couldn't breath as good. True story used to no a old guy who had them. Other one was to give them some snap just before race

The most disappointing thing was this - not just losing to a club near the relegation zone - nope, the most disappointing aspect was that we didn’t look like scoring and on that showing I think it could signal the end of the season.
    I was hoping we would make the playoffs - I don’t think that’s possible now.
    Look at the other top 7 clubs' results this weekend Nudge. We hardly lost any ground. Very poor performance but these things happen sometimes, especially with our 98 year history against Coventry. A match best forgotten and concentrate on Huddersfield.an of the match was probably Collins purely because I can't remember anything he did wrong.