+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League.

I often agree with G Neville and he's once again he's bang on.

Legs, I'll ask him cos it's a fair question.

Wow, credit to Gary Neville - absolutely right

Never thought I'd agree with or respect the words of Gary Neville but he is spot on there.

Football fans ultimately have the power to bring these clubs down if they refuse to watch this league and withdraw their subscription from whatever broadcaster pays for the rights. Problem is that fans have been allowing clubs and TV companies to exploit them for decades and I expect, assuming this isn't a bluff to gain more leverage in negotiations with UEFA, fans will continue to hand over their hard earned money and ensure this super league is an even bigger financial success story than the ECL and PL. Football supporters, or a large percentage of them, have played their part in this.

Love how brutally harsh he was on his beloved United as well as Liverpool whi he clearly hates but my favourite bit was the sneaky jibe at Tottenham. Superb stuff Gary.

The one thing we could pretty much guarantee if this went ahead, and it was decided that the top 8 from the National League were promoted to the EFL, is that we would finish 9th. Probably on goal difference, and because we conceded a last minute equaliser in the final game after being 2-0 up with 5 minutes to go against 10 men.

It’s very simple, any club who declares an interest in or signs up to a European super league should be immediately kicked out of domestic football with no come back.

It’s about time some bluffs were called.

So these clubs want to effectively set up a Private Members club (league) where it's solely exclusive for the richest clubs to wine and dine each other on the field and scoop up more and more money with no threat of being kicked out no matter how bad they play.

Never fear though as no doubt the break away premier league clubs would want to have their B teams in the domestic leagues to replace them and be the clubs domestic representatives.

It's a self indulgent idea that stinks of elitism by being a closed shop that has no respect for the history of football or the communities the clubs serve and must never be allowed to happen for the good of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The one thing we could pretty much guarantee if this went ahead, and it was decided that the top 8 from the National League were promoted to the EFL, is that we would finish 9th. Probably on goal difference, and because we conceded a last minute equaliser in the final game after being 2-0 up with 5 minutes to go against 10 men.
    That would be the ultimate expression of 'Nottsness'!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s very simple, any club who declares an interest in or signs up to a European super league should be immediately kicked out of domestic football with no come back.

It’s about time some bluffs were called.
    This!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast