+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T English football is going into meltdown as the big 6 say they are OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Truly brilliant from Neville we are different very very different but he was truly brilliant here,FACT.

This was on the cards once the eastern bloc countries separated from the Soviet Union. All of a sudden we had teams we had never heard of competing in the European competitions and the same countries competing in European and World cup qualifiers. Just too many teams. As the years have progressed the powers that be have manipulated all competitions to ensure the big names are still in the latter stages of competitions. Look at the Champions League - how many of the teams who reach the knock out stages are actually champions of their country?
    I have little interest in European competitions now - fed up seeing ties such as Liverpool V Real Madrid etc. Years ago, ties such as this would have been a must see.
    Phuck Europe, phuck the overpaid, prancing prima donnas posing as players, but more especially phuck the Old Firm.
    Phew, feel better now

Yes when big teams got drawn in Europe it used to exciting/historical occasions, now the same teams play each other that regular its just boring. The Wild card system proposed in the CL to protect the big teams that don't qualify is a disgrace.

If they think by having a league in europe where no teams can be relegated will get me paying a subscription they have another thing coming.

Even if they had relegation i still refuse to subscribe i am honestly not FN interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    This was on the cards once the eastern bloc countries separated from the Soviet Union. All of a sudden we had teams we had never heard of competing in the European competitions and the same countries competing in European and World cup qualifiers. Just too many teams. As the years have progressed the powers that be have manipulated all competitions to ensure the big names are still in the latter stages of competitions. Look at the Champions League - how many of the teams who reach the knock out stages are actually champions of their country?
    I have little interest in European competitions now - fed up seeing ties such as Liverpool V Real Madrid etc. Years ago, ties such as this would have been a must see.
    Phuck Europe, phuck the overpaid, prancing prima donnas posing as players, but more especially phuck the Old Firm.
    Phew, feel better now
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. I have BT Sport Subscription due to there being Scottish games on iy not Champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Yeah Neville seems to genuinely passion about football. I think this might just be a ploy to get concessions from Uefa for the revamped champions league, pretty disgusting anyway. How boring would it be anyway, playing same teams, no relegation, hardly able to get to an away game, plastic fans. Some times makes you grateful we play in a sh1t league, no VAR etc...
    Yep it’s a ploy to dictate terms to uefa.

It’s a nonsense idea but they are trying to increase their power and flex a bit of muscle

All the clubs signing up are to receive 3.5 Billion Euro's per season,this is not a bluff this time.

Didn't even consult their own fans.

And thrice, get them both to ****!

What a weekend troops

1 United knocked oot the cup fae Forfar and the goalscorer their NO9 weighed more than my average Tiffanys or Teazers burd i took back to my original Lochee Bedsit.
    2 News filters through that Micky is away before being introduced to the fans.
    3 Although 7 million in the red TWF find a new way to increase their debt by getting into bed with V12 Finance and refuse to accept thousands of pounds from the faithful.
    4 Football as we know it is over as loads of greedy barsteward clubs mainly from our motherland down south decide Brexit is cancelled and although seafood is aff the european menu English clubs,6 of them will be over every midweek to fill the void.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)