+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super ( Greed ) League

European Super ( Greed ) League

Mr Chein and Co are undecided as to which clubs in there Portfolio are suited to this Competition ,

So after destroying our two domestic cup competitions , setting up the PL , having the Champions League and Europa League totally set up to suit them and them only , it's still not good enough .

UEFA , FIFA and the domestic authorities seriously want to be throwing the book at these clubs .

We know Man Utd , Arsenal and Liverpool are three of our clubs involved in this and they should hang their heads in shame not that the people who own these clubs can be shamed by anything .

Billionaire foreign owners with absolutely no allegiance to anything other than money .

As Gary Neville said tonight , they should relegate the lot of em .

Crossed a line here and I believe these club's have made a huge mistake announcing this .

The backlash will be significant from the football community , media and the broadcasters .

They need step away from this if they've any sense , they will be destroyed by the governing bodies across europe .

The sooner the better, I don’t give a monkeys about the so called big boys, I support Barnsley FC always have and always will.
    The people I feel sorry for are the fans who have supported them for decades, through the good times and the bad.
    Following their club to places like Milan is beyond all but a few but that doesn’t matter a jot to the greedy owners of these big clubs.
    The price of Sky will go through the roof but it won’t be any of my money

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    The sooner the better, I don’t give a monkeys about the so called big boys, I support Barnsley FC always have and always will.
    The people I feel sorry for are the fans who have supported them for decades, through the good times and the bad.
    Following their club to places like Milan is beyond all but a few but that doesn’t matter a jot to the greedy owners of these big clubs.
    It's flawed from the outset in my opinion , a 12 club league with no relegation playing the same teams 4 times a season .

Just imagine the amount of dead rubber games .

This thing won't be as popular as they think it will .

Once the tv audience figures start to plummet in two years or so time then the money starts to dry up .

European football only works well because it's a side dish to domestic football , something different midweek .

It doesn't stack up as a stand alone product .

The owners of these clubs are completely deluded and have no understanding of the product they own

Sign up by all means and away you go but once your gone you stay gone and there is no route back when it goes tyts up .

Si thi .

Relegation shouldn’t be an option. They leave, then they go and they go out totally. Why should they be allowed to even play in any league? The FA and Premier league should throw the clubs out of their competitions.
    The greed and disdain for their supporters, and heritage is astounding. Punish them, hard and forever if they join this venture.

Gary Neville's view was spot on about the greed ,

Not sure where they would be relegated to though ?
    Last edited by Romared; 18-04-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Boloxs to them, sums up all there is to hate about modern day football

Wow , it's on .

Arsenal , Liverpool , Chelsea , Man Utd , Man City , Spurs , Barcelona , Real Madrid , Athletico Madrid , Juventus , Inter Milian , with three other clubs set to join but no news on who they are .

The founding clubs will initially each receive €3.5bn to commit to this .

They are also wanting to retain their PL status and the new European League will be a midweek competition outside of UEFA jurisdiction .

So basically they are moving away from UEFA and not the PL .

Interesting to see how this pans out , as it seems their beef is with the UEFA Champions League rather than the PL .

It goes without saying the €3.5bn initial payment gives these clubs a significant advantage over the rest of the PL and it's basically a closed shop .

If the PL sanction this just to protect their league then they are bottle merchants , nothing more and nothing less .

I suspect UEFA will see this massively differently .

This is going to get very ugly indeed .

The battle for who runs football in Europe , UEFA or the billionaire owners of the big clubs ? .

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Surely prem cant allow this they'll not get as much sky money clubs will be going bust if this gets passed theres some back handers its been going on for yrs.
    I think theres only about 2% of population got all money.look into it.

Players need to think about this aswell how many will be sat on bench. a suppose they can by all top players between them rent them out for millions give players abit more money for being loaned out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast