+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League.

European Super League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56794673

Could be interesting, take the top 6 clubs out the Prem and it could be anybody's.

For once I have to agree with Gary Neville, after todays game on which he was a commentator, he said He was disgusted and the teams which are involved saying they were led by greed not football. He went on further to suggest that the six teams should be heavily fined and deducted points to make sure they finish at the bottom of the Premier League.

I have to agree the six should be thrown out of the league, meaning no relegation and still the top three Championship teams are promoted. However, it is unlikely to happen as the money being supplied by the Premier League sponsors would be vastly reduced without those six teams. Unfortunately, it is more likely that the Premier league will allow the six clubs more power and more money to keep them in the Premier League at the expense of clubs such as Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56794673

Could be interesting, take the top 6 clubs out the Prem and it could be anybody's.

the Superteams, super top super best with the super dosh....Could just work at cleaning up the game, regulate the greed, moderate spending etc....but I guess that'd be bad for business.

We all know it's about money but any club moving to a Euro super league would be betraying it's fans. Could we see allegiances change and the birth of new or existing clubs attracting more support like with Man U and FC United of Manchester?

The stench of greed is nauseating.

The clubs joining the ESL should not have the right to take part in their domestic League and Cup Competitions. UEFA will no doubt also wish to ban them from their competitions.

When it is money involved ,when it is buying and selling ,it's business, it's Capitalism, it's greed.

''When one make's a million ,one already want's to make another million, and then another million, and more, and more!''

''Does a tycoon ever say enough is enough, by the way that's why I am skint!''

We have beaten two of the so-called "Big Six" on their own middens this season. Super League my arse!

"The founding clubs believe the solutions proposed following these talks do not solve fundamental issues, including the need to provide higher-quality matches and additional financial resources for the overall football pyramid."

Additional finance for the overall football pyramid? The ESL would be outside the overall football pyramid. Do we believe anything other than they are just in it to make more money for themselves?

I have little real interest in this, if they want to break away and form an ESL then fine by me, I couldn't care less. I am interested in how it's going to play out though, these are rich clubs with wealthy owners, they can afford the best advice, they will have discussed and will know what the repercussions from the PL, UEFA and FIFA are likely to be, but they've gone ahead and done it anyway. They're not afraid of the repercussions, what do they have up their sleeves, apart from a battery of very expensive, very knowledgeable legal teams, waiting to spring into action with their lawsuits.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)