+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European Super League

European Super League

Thoughts anyone?

Me? I couldn't give one, but that's from my perspective of having zero real interest in football beyond the Super Rams, I'm sure y'all have more nuanced opinions

Just a point to make though, the second third and fourth most lucrative sports in the world, F1, NFL and IPL are all effectively closed shops that work on a franchise basis

And we thought the Premier League was the ‘greed League’. Totally opposed to it, interestingly as is Jurgen Klopp who seems on a collision course with the Liverpool owners.
    Since when were Spurs a ‘top six’ club anyway. Totally delusional, even we’ve won the title (twice) since they did.
    Liverpool and MUFC should be particularly ashamed given their roots...the rest I’m not so surprised about.
    Imagine it’ll be the end of Klopp at Liverpool...integrity v greed.
    If the so called big six want to form a European Super League so be it...but they should do it without any further interest in domestic football...see how they thrive then.

Ban them from everything.
    If no action is taken, the rest of football will get poorer, right down to grass roots.
    Domestic/international appearances/world cups etc

They need treating like Kerry Packers outfit.

"There is a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ban them from everything.
    If no action is taken, the rest of football will get poorer, right down to grass roots.
    Domestic/international appearances/world cups etc

They need treating like Kerry Packers outfit.
    Oh Christ! Not twice in two days! MA...help!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh Christ! Not twice in two days! MA...help!!
    Don't worry rA, I am now convinced that aliens have taken TTR and replaced him with a replica that has a brain. A great improvement IMO and absolutely nothing to worry about

When you look at who owns the 'big six' then it's easy to understand!
    To them the clubs fall into one of two categories toys or cash cows (in some cases both!) Most of them have no interest in OR are bothered about the history of football in this country, Europe or anywhere in the world! They are interested in their own egos and their bank accounts! They believe they can buy anything they want so we'll buy the heart of football and you can all suck it! It's probably a cynical bargaining tool to get EUFA/FIFA to give them more with an 'or else' thrown in! I'm sure Man City fans have enjoyed the ride that having all those riches thrown at them has given them, perhaps now they may begin to realise what the Trojan Horse let in!
    As TTR says ban them from everything and declare the forthcoming league cup final null and void!

I'd let this season play out as planned, Cup Finals and all. This ESL is "only a suggestion/plan" at the moment. Whoever wins the League Cup wins it. Whoever wins the FA Cup wins it. Sooner or later Citeh will win the PL. That's it.

The big 6 then get told, in no uncertain terms, that they drop the idea of the ESL or they will be kicked out of English football. Their players will no longer be eligible to play for their national sides.

Let's see how interested they are in playing in the ESL but not in the PL..................

I can't imagine Klopp being happy with an extra 20 odd mid-week fixtures, half of them abroad. Maybe they should do it, but only send the under 23's out there.

The sponsors will expect first teamers only!!

I say deduct them 50 points for just suggesting it
    Ban any players from their clubs from playing internationally
    Let them play one another week in week out how boring

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)