+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rest of this season under Glass

Rest of this season under Glass

A good start to the Glass era on Saturday, safely through to the quarter finals but realistically what are we hoping for/expecting for the rest of this season?

3rd or 4th is not a big deal for me but with this new Europa conference league next season it might be important if we can overhaul Hibs , we’ll need to beat them but it’s possible.

The cup will take care of itself but it would be good to knock out the caravan dwellers.

If we can make the cup final and clinch 3rd Glass will have had a very good start to his tenure , semis and 7 points from the remaining 4 league fixtures with some more goals scored will probably be a decent start for me considering our form at the end of the McInnes era.

3rd and a cup win or he has to be sacked.
    Be unambitious to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    3rd and a cup win or he has to be sacked.
    Be unambitious to do otherwise.
    Lets set a minimum target for goals scored and shots on target too ? Say 2 goals a game min ?

Be interesting to see how he sets team up on Wednesday.
    To get 3rd and reach final would be good achievement considering it's not his team plus the timing of his appointment. He is still trying to find out his preferred 11.
    More positive displays, goals etc and it may start to look better

I hope he can get 3rd place and win the Scottish cup because imagine the lift that would give the fans and ultimately the club. I hope for the sake of the new manager he achieves this.

I think we should be able to beat Dundee Utd and get to the cup semis, after that it’s the luck of the draw but if we avoid rangers the final is the minimum we should aim at. Beating them in the final would be amazing!

In the league, we should be able to take 3 points off livi and we’ll need to beat hibs, then it’s a case of see what happens - I don’t think he’s going to turn the current squad into a team thats beating rangers and Celtic overnight but hopefully we can show up well against them.

I’d just like to see some more signs of improvement generally - one thing I noticed on Saturday was we got more players forward and in the box - so little things like that would be good to see to set us up for next season. I’m not sure we’ll see lots of youngsters coming in apart from maybe Mackenzie at LB to allow us to play Hayes further forward. If mccrorie isn’t going to fit into midfield he’ll likely keep playing him at RB so can’t see Ramsay playing much. Ross will get on for 20-30 mins probably.

I hope he’ll be ruthless with the guys who aren’t good enough like McLennan and Kennedy and others who are a waste of wage if they’re never playing like devlin and mcgeouch

Incidentally, say Sevco win the cup (they are favourites) and Leicester win the English Cup, I think that'll be the first time since 1947 we've had first time winners of the English and Scottish Cups (when we won the cup for the first time and Charlton lifted the English version) in the same season.

Minimum - 4th and cup semi
    Good - 4th and cup final or 3rd and Cup Semi
    Excellent - Cup winners

3rd and beating St.Johnstone in the cup final will do me.

Winning the cup and personally posting a huge moist rancid shyte through Teddy Bear’s slum letterbox.