+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Players you think might leave close season.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Smith swap for Wing?
    pip_y, good shout but there's a couple of stumbling blocks involved.

As Championship forwards go, I reckon Smith has to be in the 1.5 - 3 Million bracket depending how good we are at asking a price for him, and we know how bad we are at that.

What is Wing actually worth if Warnock does not see him as a Championship player? Add to this, the biggest challenge would be, would Wing be willing to drop a League meaning less wages? It may seal a deal if we offered him say a 2 year deal as I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Brin,we really do need to be much much cleverer when it comes to transfers.Smith is a Championship striker who has so far scored ten goals and assisted on a regular basis.He has to be valued at 5 million plus, based on what other strikers have been sold at.You only have to look at Peterborough, who are mouthing about ten million for JCH, who has scored quite a few penalties and tap ins at league one level.Come on RUFC get your act together,we have a lot of talented players at the club,DO NOT UNDERSELL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Olosunde he's a right back so won't see best of him playing right wing back, same with Harding. But according to most on these sites I don't know anything! Looking through our side if we go down what players would attract championship clubs next season. Johansson & Ladapo that's about it.
    Harding is a centre half, who can play at full back, we should have had a left back signed in the January transfers window,
    & used Harding in his correct position.
    Has I said there was a left back at Wednesday's, who we could have had on loan, to then sign on a free transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Brin,we really do need to be much much cleverer when it comes to transfers.Smith is a Championship striker who has so far scored ten goals and assisted on a regular basis.He has to be valued at 5 million plus, based on what other strikers have been sold at.You only have to look at Peterborough, who are mouthing about ten million for JCH, who has scored quite a few penalties and tap ins at league one level.Come on RUFC get your act together,we have a lot of talented players at the club,DO NOT UNDERSELL!!!!!
    Nobody on the Millers board, who knows how to value a player, hits a raw nerve with a lot of fans.
    Paul Douglas seems to be in the thick of things in transfers, has said no idea on valuations, so lets
    players go for less than what should be a better fee.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Smith swap for Wing?
    Would not surprise me that, Warnock keeps Wing at Middlesbrough, after the performances
    for the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Harding is a centre half, who can play at full back, we should have had a left back signed in the January transfers window,
    & used Harding in his correct position.
    Has I said there was a left back at Wednesday's, who we could have had on loan, to then sign on a free transfer.
    Disagree Harding before we signed him said he lost his form playing out of position for Birmingham. Said his best position was right back.

The same Harding who has been one of our best players this season.

Going to hold off until we know which league we are in as so much will depend on that.

And IMO Harding isn't a CB. Definitely a RB.

Has Mattock retired ? !!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Has Mattock retired ? !!
    He might be in the squad tomorrow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast