+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players you think might leave close season.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Players you think might leave close season.

Talk of Smith to Boro and Ladapo to Derby already.

Can’t seem to find the wage list that was doing the rounds recently, if it was true of course. In it I seem to recall one player on not a strong wage but, was getting a load of attention so, I’ll go for Crooks to leave if only to better is wage.

We might even get an approach for Johansson.

Nigel Adkins, when manager at Hull City, was looking at signing Smith, but then Adkins
    got the sack.
    Adkins now at Charlton, who have a slight chance of the play-offs, if promoted could
    Adkins come back in for him.
    But on this board, most of us has said Smith to Middlesbrough.
    Olosunde could be a player leaving in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Nigel Adkins, when manager at Hull City, was looking at signing Smith, but then Adkins
    got the sack.
    Adkins now at Charlton, who have a slight chance of the play-offs, if promoted could
    Adkins come back in for him.
    But on this board, most of us has said Smith to Middlesbrough.
    Olosunde could be a player leaving in the summer.
    A total farce how Olosundae's contract negotiations have got to this state of affairs. He has a lot to offer and yes, he may well have had his agent bend his ear for offers far better than what our club pays. Young players like him should have been tied down to an extension far more earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    A total farce how Olosundae's contract negotiations have got to this state of affairs. He has a lot to offer and yes, he may well have had his agent bend his ear for offers far better than what our club pays. Young players like him should have been tied down to an extension far more earlier.
    I think Olasunde will leave and the club look as tho they have made a balls up regarding his contract in saying that I think his form has been pretty poor of late. He was like a rabbit in the headlights v Cov. Maybe he has potential but he is a way off it atm. He will struggle to get a champ side.

I think there will be a number go: Robertson, Smith, Tree, Olasunde, Ladapo and maybe one of our starlets if the money is right-not that that would be much!= ie Lyndsey or Wiles.

Robertson will also struggle to get a champ club with his injury record. Could end up going back to Blackpool particularly if they get up.

Smith yep Boro poss. Wonder if that might be a sweetener for Boro to lose the game tomoz.

Tree poss Forest/or lower champ club. Could be again to someone just promoted eg Hull or Pboro.

Ladapo. Derby mayber or someone who thinks he is better than he actually is.

Think we would get most for Ladapo of all those.

How much would we rake in all together if those lot did go?Mebbe 4 or 5m between em. Not really a fortune considering they will need replacing.

Smith swap for Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Smith swap for Wing?
    pip_y, good shout but there's a couple of stumbling blocks involved.

As Championship forwards go, I reckon Smith has to be in the 1.5 - 3 Million bracket depending how good we are at asking a price for him, and we know how bad we are at that.

What is Wing actually worth if Warnock does not see him as a Championship player? Add to this, the biggest challenge would be, would Wing be willing to drop a League meaning less wages? It may seal a deal if we offered him say a 2 year deal as I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Smith swap for Wing?
    Would not surprise me that, Warnock keeps Wing at Middlesbrough, after the performances
    for the Millers.

Olosunde he's a right back so won't see best of him playing right wing back, same with Harding. But according to most on these sites I don't know anything! Looking through our side if we go down what players would attract championship clubs next season. Johansson & Ladapo that's about it.

Harding might be off if we have a relegation clause in his contract. I don't think he's worth 8k in league 1, as well as he's done for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Olosunde he's a right back so won't see best of him playing right wing back, same with Harding. But according to most on these sites I don't know anything! Looking through our side if we go down what players would attract championship clubs next season. Johansson & Ladapo that's about it.
    Harding is a centre half, who can play at full back, we should have had a left back signed in the January transfers window,
    & used Harding in his correct position.
    Has I said there was a left back at Wednesday's, who we could have had on loan, to then sign on a free transfer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast