+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood

Fleetwood

Really confused. What has happened, about 5-6 weeks ago we were a neat playing team that fitted nicely in League1. Now we are a shadow of that team. extremely poor could be a fitting description. The management seem to be struggling from one format to another, to different players, and different tactics. And each new attempt only seems to make us worse. Our display against Wigan was awful.

For this game believe we need changes. Would like to see Daniels pair up with Wood at centreback to see how he is in his preferred position. Thought Offord was poor at CB against Portsmouth, and was even worse at RB against Wigan. His positional play in both games was questionable and suggests he has a possible problem reading the game. As to his movement and passing abilities the less said the better. A few supporters suggested that next season he should replace Wintle if he leaves as expected. Not for me. Believe for next season we need to sign at least 2 physically strong midfielders. If we were to replace Wintle internally my suggestion would be Sass-Davies. Physically strong, reads the game well, good movement, and comfortable in attacking.

My other change would be moving Evans back to central/defence midfield and putting Lowery further forward. Against Wigan Lowery was poor, but not really his fault. A poor management decision. We all know Lowery is not a defensive midfielder.

Well fingers crossed, but please DA not another boring display.

Good result last night ...

Is DA trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records for the most CB combinations in a season - certainly close to the most in one game last night ...

One thing's for sure, Dave has been very brave/bold in his team selections this season.

To be fair to the big man, most of the changes have come over the past couple of months and then partly through necessity.

If memory serves (and it doesn’t serve as well since age started to have its effects!) we started with Beckles and Offord and that didn’t change much, if at all, until Perry got his 6 match ban and subsequent transfer. Circumstances moved Offord to RB and Lancashire stepped in to CB alongside Omar. Throughout all of this Daniels seems to have been permanently injured (!) hence getting Wood on loan.

I would agree that since then it does seem to have been a question of pulling balls from a hat - but the balls going into the hat have varied from week to week due to injuries for Offord, TJ, Daniels, then Rio not to mention poor form and a red card for Omar. I don’t think the manager’s had it easy! He must be grateful that the seemingly eternally fit and top man Pixie has maintained his great form - what will he do next season when Number 3 isn’t the first in the team sheet every week?

Didn't we start with Lancashire and Sass-Davies?

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Didn't we start with Lancashire and Sass-Davies?
    Well yes, but it was a League Cup game, with Beckles & Billy Sass in the following Trophy game, but for our first League game on the back four was Ng, Offord, Beckles, Pickering.

Fair enough.

A more spirited display from some of our players so a deserved win. When Daniels initially moved to centre back he was a bit shaky, but gradually he settled and worked well with Lancashire. A lot of supporters say we will not keep Lancashire next season. I feel this is unfair as he is one of our most consistent centre backs this season. Plus he is one of our best senior players for giving advice to our youngsters. I would keep him, hoping that he keeps injury free.

Another topic seems to be oh what on earth are we going to do when Pickering leaves. I do not see that as a problem and think Adebisi will slot in comfortably. Early days with the young lad, but I personally think he is a better prospect than Lowery or Offord.

In the game of 'spot the undercover devil's advocate', I claim it is you, lukcour and I claim my prize!¹
    Your highlighting of the idea that Lowery isn't that good And now suggesting that Offord has no positional sense OR ability to read the game AND then to claim that Lancashire has been the most consistent CH was entertaining. But now I've sussed you, you're just trying to generate discussion on the site. Well Done! You had me going for a while😄

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    In the game of 'spot the undercover devil's advocate', I claim it is you, lukcour and I claim my prize!¹
    Your highlighting of the idea that Lowery isn't that good And now suggesting that Offord has no positional sense OR ability to read the game AND then to claim that Lancashire has been the most consistent CH was entertaining. But now I've sussed you, you're just trying to generate discussion on the site. Well Done! You had me going for a while��
    Oh Gazan you really give me far too much credit. If only I was that clever. Also I am absolutely amazed that you realise that I do not rate Lowery (after all it is down to opinions) We all have them.

But I really do rate Wood. For a ****ager he really is special. Now that is a talent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast