+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: v PNE

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    It runs far deeper than that!
    It's the culmination of several years of mismanagement of the club at every level! I shan't go over what's been said many times before in respect of the hotch potch way the club has been orchestrated in recent years, whether it be 'The Derby Way' or the appointment of 'high profile' managers but, as always, it's the life blood of the club that has to 'carry the can' - the fans!
    The baalocks known as the 'Super League' is an excessive demonstration of this, where the fans are looked upon as 'plebs' whose sole job is to tip up their wages every week and 'shut up'. 'It's got f*** all to do with you' being their mantra.
    Oh well, I've seen us in the 3rd tier a few times before so I'll just have to suck it up again. Fair enough, but please, whoever owns the Club, can we have a structured plan, a manager who knows what the duck he's doing and a few players who were not previously employed as eunochs!
    100% agree with all that. Some joined up thought and a reality check urgently needed.
    Unfair to blame Mel...he did his best, it didn’t work out and he may well have paid a higher price than any of us.
    Thinking back over the last 15 years or so the only time I’ve been genuinely optimistic about the future of DCFC was between October 2013 and May 2014 under McClaren Mk1.
    The rest, from Davies to Lampard, has all just been a collection of false dawns. We really should have built on that first McClaren era but he again seems to have been conspicuous by his absence since the wheels started to come off.
    Where do we go from here? The first job may be to ensure that we look to emulate Wolves and Southampton and not those other two famous clubs...Bolton and Notts County.

IMO the decisions we take over the summer will determine our future for years to come. Let's face it, it's easier to fall off a high cliff than climb back up it!
    Adi's still hopeful we can hang on to our status, let's hope he's right because I reckon this is a particularly high cliff!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    No teeth. No bite. Never looked like scoring. Way too many awful passes.

Marshall did nowt wrong
    Byrne was OK but gets caught in possession too often and too many wayward balls
    Wisdom was OK, no more than that.
    Clarke played a decent game
    Forsyth didn't
    Shinnie off his game
    Bird OK in flashes
    Roberts beats men for fun and then wastes it all
    Knight ran a lot
    Lawro decent shot for the disallowed goal and not much else
    Kaz never really in it

Have they given up the ghost?

Looks that way.
    Clarke ??

Slows our play does nothing quick allows the opposition to get set in position. If he puts his foot on the ball and turns back once more I think I'll f in scream and stop giving it the full back who is being closed down
    Now is the time to forget tactics play it early forward and hope for 2nd ball knock downs
    were absolute rubbish

Marshall
    We were one nil down takes an age to play the ball, gives a little ball to a defender who is being closed down then after fri**ing about he gets it back after 2 minutes wasted
    Get the ball forward for F888s sake

Verdict : give Maclaren the last three games, tell Rooney to step back
    Play more direct forget fancy football

Criticising Clarke and Marshall for playing ‘keep ball’ across the area, especially when we’re losing, is spot on imo, Eddy...having said that, I thought Clarke was very good in the air last night and probably the only defender we have with any aerial skill at all.

‘Give McClaren the last three games’? Not sure about that. McClaren has had about seven good months in the last seven years imo.
    For me he’s a ‘busted flush’ who has made an enormous amount of money out of failure. If he was any use at all, surely he would have provided Rookie Rooney with the advice he needs re selection, tactics and using the ‘window’ wisely. That’s what he was brought back for and on all the evidence we’ve seen since January he’s failed again.

If he comes back in and wins the last three matches I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong...but I very much doubt he will.

... and why do the back 5 play a lot of balls to each other? Why do so many keyboard warriors slate Bird for sideways passing?

Because there's no movement ahead. Players ahead of them aren't available to receive a pass because they are marked and aren't moving into space.

At the same time, our opponents, when in possession, all have yards of space to stroll around in because we give it to them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)