Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
It runs far deeper than that!
It's the culmination of several years of mismanagement of the club at every level! I shan't go over what's been said many times before in respect of the hotch potch way the club has been orchestrated in recent years, whether it be 'The Derby Way' or the appointment of 'high profile' managers but, as always, it's the life blood of the club that has to 'carry the can' - the fans!
The baalocks known as the 'Super League' is an excessive demonstration of this, where the fans are looked upon as 'plebs' whose sole job is to tip up their wages every week and 'shut up'. 'It's got f*** all to do with you' being their mantra.
Oh well, I've seen us in the 3rd tier a few times before so I'll just have to suck it up again. Fair enough, but please, whoever owns the Club, can we have a structured plan, a manager who knows what the duck he's doing and a few players who were not previously employed as eunochs!
100% agree with all that. Some joined up thought and a reality check urgently needed.
Unfair to blame Mel...he did his best, it didn’t work out and he may well have paid a higher price than any of us.
Thinking back over the last 15 years or so the only time I’ve been genuinely optimistic about the future of DCFC was between October 2013 and May 2014 under McClaren Mk1.
The rest, from Davies to Lampard, has all just been a collection of false dawns. We really should have built on that first McClaren era but he again seems to have been conspicuous by his absence since the wheels started to come off.
Where do we go from here? The first job may be to ensure that we look to emulate Wolves and Southampton and not those other two famous clubs...Bolton and Notts County.