+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview: Connell Rawlinson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interview: Connell Rawlinson

I've given up watching interviews. Just do the bloody talking on the pitch, and that goes for the manager/head coach too. The only items that are potentially of interest are injury updates and I'm sure I can live without those too.

And can the journalists please stop "Hey up, are you all right?" when four others have already asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've given up watching interviews. Just do the bloody talking on the pitch, and that goes for the manager/head coach too. The only items that are potentially of interest are injury updates and I'm sure I can live without those too.

And can the journalists please stop "Hey up, are you all right?" when four others have already asked the question.
    My favourite is "Just a few follow up questions really", then asks the same ones that have already been asked as if he has been sent on a school project.

Most interviewers are far too pally with the manager/players for fear of of not getting anymore time with them.
    You aren't there to be their best mate, but to ask searching and sometimes difficult questions.

It may not be for everyone, but that's why I like the Magpie Circle, as fans and previous players, they have no current affiliations to the club and are a bit more forthright in their views.

How many times have we heard this from different players, They need to do it on the pitch for 90 minutes for the next 10 games..

I’ve not listened to or watched any player interview for about 10 years. Absolute load of rammel.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Same. All just PR *******s. I assume Connell is talking about how much it means to them, some platitudes towards the fans and how all the lads are hurting etc etc.

When we were 1-0 down at home on Saturday in the final minutes, there was no urgency, no passion, nothing. These players could not give a flying ****.

I’m obviously in the minority here but I was impressed with Connell’s interview. I genuinely believe he cares about the club and I believe he’s demonstrated that since joining us. I actually think most of the players care and want to do well.

I’m a big fan of the Magpie Circle too and this is exactly what they were advocating was needed from someone within the club. Admittedly, it would have been better from management or owners!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I’m obviously in the minority here but I was impressed with Connell’s interview. I genuinely believe he cares about the club and I believe he’s demonstrated that since joining us. I actually think most of the players care and want to do well.

I’m a big fan of the Magpie Circle too and this is exactly what they were advocating was needed from someone within the club. Admittedly, it would have been better from management or owners!
    This particular episode of Magpie circle is well worth a watch, especially Paul Mace's thoughts on the academy and the recruitment model he believes we will be using next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post

Agreed !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast