+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Glass's unbeaten dons V victim timothy match thread

Stephen Glass's unbeaten dons V victim timothy match thread

Will timothy play Brown or leave him out?
    Helluva lot more at stake for us than there is for timothy, if it meant something to them I could see them starting with their strongest 11 which would include Brown, now I will be surprised if he features.
    Prediction - 0-0 borefest or 1-0 the good guys COYR

SF

Much as Glass and Campbell rightly ducked the 'Celtic have nothing to play for' questions at the press conference, surely Celtic have nothing to play for??

Can't win a trophy. Can't be overtaken in the league. Don't have a new manager to impress. It's hard to see where the motivation comes from.

Contrast that with us, off the back of 3 wins (pinching myself writing that). Surely, surely we'll at least see us give it a right good go.

1-0 the Dons.

2-0 Aberdeen (Ferguson scoring 2 penalties) Celtic reduced to 10

Is that Brown finding out what it feels like to be sent off at Pittodrie?

A feeling he better get used to.

Hope players listen to Glass' statement about way he wants team to approach all games .
    Lot at stake for some of our players.
    2-1 , McGinn and Kamberi for us .

I’ll nae make any predictions, seen this movie too many times when we go into a game against them on the back of a decent performance or results or both and end up getting pumped.

Hopefully Glass has them playing some decent stuff and have a real go at them , do that and I’ll be happy regardless of the result .

In response to the original question, I do think Brown will start .

He’ll be on the bench I’d imagine, this is the very definition of a dead rubber for them but it’s an important game for us as we look to close the gap on Hibs .

Although there is a sense of too little too late now for 3rd it’s still possible and I’m not sure Brown starting for Celtic would be beneficial for either party . Unless he’s going to play and smash everybody in red then turn round at full time and say “GIRFUY I’m signing for Hibs!”

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    In response to the original question, I do think Brown will start .

He’ll be on the bench I’d imagine,
    Bovril min you have totally confused me with that comments.
    So do you think he will start on the pitch or the bench

I don't think Brown will play - whatever anyone says, it's an awkward situation for the player, so I'd imagine he'll be spared that experience. They've plenty other options anyway, and there's nothing really at stake for them.

Our lineup is a bit more interesting... assuming he sticks with the 442 with one forward playing slightly behind the other, I would expect Kamberi to come into the starting lineup, and possibly play just behind Hornby who I think will get another shot despite being inneffective the other day. I think he'll bring McKenzie back in as he seems to like the look of him, and I suspect he'll be keen to get Hayes playing further forward.

Woods
    McCrorie Hoban Considine McKenzie
    McGinn Ferguson Campbell Hayes
    Kamberi Hornby

I can't see Kennedy or McLennan retaining their places as both were utterly hopeless on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Bovril min you have totally confused me with that comments.
    So do you think he will start on the pitch or the bench
    Ffs min I’m losing the plot BUS , I meant I don’t think he’ll start !

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast