+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody can defend that

Nobody can defend that

Awful performance...AGAIN.
    When you hopefully leave,please take half of the overpaid waste of space players with you.

It was such a poor game. I'm done with watching anymore as the season is over and ewe are safe. A good clear out player wise, is needed over summer. See where we are at the start of next season when I'll check back in.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Awful performance...AGAIN.
    When you hopefully leave,please take half of the overpaid waste of space players with you.
    What I will never understand is, you only said a post or 2 before this, that these bunch of players should be getting in the play offs?
    Then after yet another woeful performance, they are all a waste of space?
    But its Mowbray that you blame? Because he has failed to get these bunch of poor players into the play offs? Because they are all good enough>

which one is it? Are we this wonderful side that are underperforming?
    Or is it that we are just a poor midtable football club finishing midtable?

If the penny finally drops, and you see exactly what we are, and why, you will realise why its mental to blaming all this one one guy. When sacking him wont be the answer as to why we are essentially a midtable club with a poor bunch of players. It will be easier all round once people all understand where we are.
    Blaming it all on one guy is mental.
    We are just ****e. And probably are punching well above our weight being midtable Champ. The reality is, we should be lower.

Please lets stop this ridiculous notion next season of demanding we get in the play offs. Its not happening. Not now, not next season, not ever.

Its the fans stupid over expectations that is causing such disharmony.

OK I will take this post with a pinch of salt.
    We are all entitled to our opinion and probably a reason why this board is dead on its arse is because opinions were not allowed to be spoke.
    Anyhow,our great manager continually maintains this wonderful possession style of football is the way forward.
    Barcelona yes,man City yes,Blackburn no
    We have a championship team who are trying to play a much higher standard of play and failing.
    Like it or not this team was and I do highlight WAS,good enough for the play offs....however a mix of constant changes(mowbrays fault),players out of position(mowbrays fault)and players turning up when they want.
    We are where we are because of that,of course injuries have played a part too but let's not sugar coat the fact,we are not mid table but much lower and that isn't acceptable.
    Who do we blame?
    Players not playing to their abilities?
    Mowbray chopping and changing for the sake of it and playing lanky half useful forwards on the wing,while a 5 ft nothing forward is very isolated up top?
    The fact is both are very much to blame but when it comes to the crunch,the manager is the one who gets the chop.
    I am sure we could argue about who should we have instead and what if we get worse with someone else but my point is we won't improve under our current set up,infact we are clearly heading back to league one.
    That would be a catastrophe.
    I am not going to argue direct but merely point out that Mowbray is a large part of the problem and that is my opinion on it.

OK I will take this post with a pinch of salt.
    We are all entitled to our opinion and probably a reason why this board is dead on its arse is because opinions were not allowed to be spoke.
    Anyhow,our great manager continually maintains this wonderful possession style of football is the way forward.
    Barcelona yes,man City yes,Blackburn no
    We have a championship team who are trying to play a much higher standard of play and failing.
    Like it or not this team was and I do highlight WAS,good enough for the play offs....however a mix of constant changes(mowbrays fault),players out of position(mowbrays fault)and players turning up when they want.
    We are where we are because of that,of course injuries have played a part too but let's not sugar coat the fact,we are not mid table but much lower and that isn't acceptable.
    Who do we blame?
    Players not playing to their abilities?
    Mowbray chopping and changing for the sake of it and playing lanky half useful forwards on the wing,while a 5 ft nothing forward is very isolated up top?
    The fact is both are very much to blame but when it comes to the crunch,the manager is the one who gets the chop.
    I am sure we could argue about who should we have instead and what if we get worse with someone else but my point is we won't improve under our current set up,infact we are clearly heading back to league one.
    That would be a catastrophe.
    I am not going to argue direct but merely point out that Mowbray is a large part of the problem and that is my opinion on it.

You are at risk of blaming Mowbray for 3rd world debt aswell.

He isn't responsible for the fact that we have 6 centre half pairings throughout the season. That's just bad luck with injuries.
    To blame him for that is just ridiculous.
    Yes, he is culpable when it comes to playing Gally on the wing. He played Armstrong instead, who scored a load of gaols. So what exactly are you complaining about? I want to see Gally play down the middle. They opted for Arma who scored loads. SG probably wouldn't have scored as many. personally I would start to play him up there from next season.
    TM gets some things right and some things wrong.
    That's what you get from a middle of the road manager who manages a pretty average at best football side.

What makes zero sense is you go from saying these lads should be getting in the play offs. Without any foundation or reasoning.
    And because we don't meet your unusually high standards, the manager needs sacking.
    And just a passing comment about the non performing players who most downed tools some time ago.

He isn't going anywhere, so its all irrelevant.

the main reason this board died is fans left and lost interest. Alot left when Allardyce was sacked.
    Folk went on about the fact we should not be settling to be a midtable Prem club. We should be doing alot better.
    So we decided to move on the manager who got us mid-table safety every season.
    Most fans, left by that point. I was posting and chatting to most of those for a good 10 years before you or anyone else turned up.
    I know the reasons they left.

I find it strangely ironic that the views that aucks had and for that matter shot down repeatedly,is now the views that you defend.
    This board has been dying for years and that particular incident where aucks and sven left,was the end of it here.
    I have tried to defend the fact that opinions are just that and should only be debated in a non aggressive manner.
    We all have differing views but if discussed in a healthy manner then it shouldn't be a problem.

I find it strangely ironic that the views that aucks had and for that matter shot down repeatedly,is now the views that you defend.
    This board has been dying for years and that particular incident where aucks and sven left,was the end of it here.
    I have tried to defend the fact that opinions are just that and should only be debated in a non aggressive manner.
    We all have differing views but if discussed in a healthy manner then it shouldn't be a problem.
    So if Aucks was saying this, your saying you would not shoot his comments down? But you would shoot mine down?

Not at all champs,you are simply looking at this out of context.
    At the time aucks was borderline abused for having the same opinion you have now.
    You are entitled to your opinion even if on this occasion I don't agree with it.
    I am not shooting you down or prepared to argue about it but mearly pointing out that aucks was given a rough time imo over being pro mowbray and now you are more or less doing the same.
    Opinions are either discussed like adults or not.
    I would like to think we can have a adult discussion over this.

Not at all champs,you are simply looking at this out of context.
    At the time aucks was borderline abused for having the same opinion you have now.
    You are entitled to your opinion even if on this occasion I don't agree with it.
    I am not shooting you down or prepared to argue about it but mearly pointing out that aucks was given a rough time imo over being pro mowbray and now you are more or less doing the same.
    Opinions are either discussed like adults or not.
    I would like to think we can have a adult discussion over this.
    Yeah I can see all of that. And I didn't want him to leave.
    It's odd, as I personally don't rate Mowbray too highly. I still believe to this day he has done alot more good than bad in his time with us. But over time I did realise that its not so much him, it will be the same with anyone. That's where we are, that's football. That's just my opinion.
    I guess I would argue with anyone saying he was great. as he isn't. Alot of things he does I simply can't explain.
    But I also view where we are and look at the bigger picture. So the more I hear people say sack him, the more I would argue that may not be the best option in the way everyone seems to think it will be.
    I get that we all have differing views on this, and I also see that Aucks was given a hard time over what he said.
    On another forum I post on, I am also getting loads of stick in the exact same way. I am trying to get better at how I deal with that personally.

It is one of those ones that nobody will ever agree on. Such is life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)