+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cringeworthy!

Cringeworthy!

Were any of you taken in by that cringeworthy apology by John Henry? I certainly wasn't. I just thought that it was embarrassing. The only thing that he was sorry about was the fact that he and his cronies didn't make the fortune that they expected. To be perfectly honest, I was amazed that they didn't look further into what the reaction of the British public would be. They obviously got it completely wrong and thought that money would rule. My advise to Henry and Glazer is to leave these shores and get the hell out of our game. They will never be welcome in this country again, or shouldn't be!

For those who like me hadn't seen the interview here's a link......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...l/56828413.amp

........ very insincere, but also funny in it's quaintly Americanised way. 'I'd like to apologise to all the fan supporters'. Wtf is a 'fan supporter' when it's at home. A small table for an electric fan 😊 ?

Stinks! Hearing so called moralistic “realisations” now from the stinking 6 when you know if fans hadn’t have kicked off they would have been kicking off in a “super league” without an ounce of care.

While I fully understand your sentiments Boingy we have to remember that it's not the directors, managers, players or fans of these six who should be punished but the despicable owners. Therefore it has to be a financial punishment - and extremely harshly as well. So harsh that they wish they'd never signed up for it and perhaps we'll see the back of them. Don't forget Liverpool owners have had to apologise for earlier transgressions. They have previous for this.

I watched a documentary about The Fenway Sports Group and without doubt Henry is your typical sociopath/narcissist.

It never fails to surprise me how the colourless characters like him and Kronke and the Glazers end up owning sports teams with such a public profile when they themselves are so private and secretive.

They don’t buy clubs out of a deep love or personal need in terms of satisfaction, they buy them because they CAN!

There’s something deeply unedifying about wanting to possess something for the sake of it ( along with the money ) when it means so much to so many people.

About 10 years ago there was an opportunity to get involved with my local non league team and I must admit I was tempted.

After a bit of thought I decided not to because I knew I was the wrong sort of character, I’d have too much to say in regards to the playing side and on the corporate side I hate all the bull s h I t and cap doffing that has to be done and I’m a very private person, I don’t want a “public” face in local media.

The club is now run by far better people than myself and I made a good decision.

It’s a pity these ego maniacs don’t possess a self awareness brain cell!

Quote from Laura Woods this morning.
    "Trying to get an emotional reaction from the Glazers is like trying to make a robot cry."

Thought it was a good analogy.

There is a very simple way for all top clubs to make more money. Keep the money you make, within the game, and stop paying stupid wages, going out the game. The players (agents) have a responsibility to the history of the game, too. This is a great opportunity to reset pre 1992 (when we were conned that the Prem will save the smaller clubs,) and get fans voices back onto clubs boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    While I fully understand your sentiments Boingy we have to remember that it's not the directors, managers, players or fans of these six who should be punished but the despicable owners. Therefore it has to be a financial punishment - and extremely harshly as well. So harsh that they wish they'd never signed up for it and perhaps we'll see the back of them. Don't forget Liverpool owners have had to apologise for earlier transgressions. They have previous for this.
    Absolutely.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)