+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score and scorers predictions vs. Torquay 24.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Forgot to mention that we haven't lost to Torquay in 12 league meetings. Last time they beat us football fans would have been anticipating the World Cup being held in England just 2 months later (Martin Peters had made his England debut the previous week).

Of all the clubs we've played 10 or more away games against, Torquay is our 4th luckiest place to visit. We only have a better record at Halifax, Lincoln and Ipswich. So there there is that to cling onto for hope we can return with something from this fixture.
    Unfortunately, this season appears to be the one where we relinquish such records: we had a great home record against the likes of Halifax and Aldershot, and we know how those ended up.

One thing I do know is that we’re due a really good, convincing performance - it’s certainly been a while. Let’s hope the lack of a midweek fixture works in our favour and we come back re*****ised. I’ve predicted the last three defeats and would love to be wrong with my 0-3 guess for Saturday.

This would be one of those games we'd get a win from under NA. IB? Not so sure.

If we dominate like we did against Eastleigh we'll get the same result.

1-0 to Torbay Wanderers, more if they use the long throw, we aren't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    If we dominate like we did against Eastleigh we'll get the same result.

1-0 to Torbay Wanderers, more if they use the long throw, we aren't expecting that.
    I have been predicting us to lose most weeks and lately its worked really well so I am going to hope my luck continues by saying Torquay 0 Notts 2 (Knight 2)

What price can I get on us starting with Steele as CF, Doyle in goal, Enzio at RWB and Ben Turner in the number ten role?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What price can I get on us starting with Steele as CF, Doyle in goal, Enzio at RWB and Ben Turner in the number ten role?
    I'll offer you a generous 5/2.

Torquay 1 Notts 3 (Three)

Announced after that we have been approached to join the ESL

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Torquay 1 Notts 3 (Three)

Announced after that we have been approached to join the ESL
    I reckon we should band together with the other founding members of the Football League and break away into the OG League.

Obviously it would have to take it's rightful place above the Premier League.

I think we have been lucky to avoid getting thrashed up to now. 4-0 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I think we have been lucky to avoid getting thrashed up to now. 4-0 loss.
    To be fair there are few games where we have looked entirely outclassed maybe the first half at Hartlepool. However the number of games where we have looked disinterested and under performed against opposition who have set up for a draw or 1-0 win is truly truly frightening.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast