+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Points Deductions

Points Deductions

So many other clubs have been deducted points in the past. Now how have these 6 not brought the game into disrepute???

They had better be deducted 15 points minimum or the Premier League are freaking bunch of jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    So many other clubs have been deducted points in the past. Now how have these 6 not brought the game into disrepute???

They had better be deducted 15 points minimum or the Premier League are freaking bunch of jokers.
    they wont get punished from the PL for this. Masters and co are cowards and are in it up to their necks in underhanded tactics with these 6 clubs. They will have too much dirt on the PL.

I do think in the long run these clubs will have fecked themselves up, especially if new laws are brought into play regarding fans on the board and stuff like that.

The PL, UEFA and FIFA need to get together and iron out fairer equal competitions for all clubs.

I saw a plans today that they were planning to give additional places in the Champions league to clubs based on their prestige. So if Liverpool had a mare of a season and finished 10th in the PL, they would still qualify for the CL because they are a big team. Starting 2024 season, i shlt you not!

THIS is what needs to be stopped, pandering to these clubs. The CL league should go back to only Champions from every top league in europe. No more giving bigger payments and prizes because of the stature of the club, everyone in the division is equal

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    they wont get punished from the PL for this. Masters and co are cowards and are in it up to their necks in underhanded tactics with these 6 clubs. They will have too much dirt on the PL.

I do think in the long run these clubs will have fecked themselves up, especially if new laws are brought into play regarding fans on the board and stuff like that.

The PL, UEFA and FIFA need to get together and iron out fairer equal competitions for all clubs.

I saw a plans today that they were planning to give additional places in the Champions league to clubs based on their prestige. So if Liverpool had a mare of a season and finished 10th in the PL, they would still qualify for the CL because they are a big team. Starting 2024 season, i shlt you not!

THIS is what needs to be stopped, pandering to these clubs. The CL league should go back to only Champions from every top league in europe. No more giving bigger payments and prizes because of the stature of the club, everyone in the division is equal
    Agree with all of this...

Especially the last paragraph. The golden age of me being interested in tge European competitions was when it was 1 team in the CL, couple in the cup winners cup and 3 or four teams in the UEFA I watched all these games and was genuinely interested - the CL games were special no matter who was in them. Tuesday was UEFA night, Wednesday CL and Thursday CWC - there was Kudos for a team to being in these things

Now Its not unusual for me to watch the CL final only, its all been cheapened, Europa league is shiit and noone wants to be in it even.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Have to agree with them!
    Be lucky now
    John...

The fans,managers and players were against the six joining the Super League,surely a points deduction affects them as well.

Fine the owners of these clubs and give the money to charity or lower league clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    The fans,managers and players were against the six joining the Super League,surely a points deduction affects them as well.

Fine the owners of these clubs and give the money to charity or lower league clubs.
    A good point mate, but all fines however well thought out will only be payed by the supporters not the owners or execs!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    A good point mate, but all fines however well thought out will only be payed by the supporters not the owners or execs!
    Afternoon, John.

Aye-it's always the fans that suffer. I heard one of the pundits on that horrific 5Live football show The Squad arguing against points deductions or relegations or even fines as he couldn't see the point because it wouldn't improve anything.

Absolute load of shite, that. Punishment is punitive and aims to be preventative. These clubs need to be punished not only because of what they've done but to act as a deterrent so that clubs will think twice about doing it in the future. Plus, none of these objections were seriously raised when clubs were being docked huge amounts of points or even going out of business.

Throw the book at them, I say. And make it a big book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Afternoon, John.

Aye-it's always the fans that suffer. I heard one of the pundits on that horrific 5Live football show The Squad arguing against points deductions or relegations or even fines as he couldn't see the point because it wouldn't improve anything.

Absolute load of shite, that. Punishment is punitive and aims to be preventative. These clubs need to be punished not only because of what they've done but to act as a deterrent so that clubs will think twice about doing it in the future. Plus, none of these objections were seriously raised when clubs were being docked huge amounts of points or even going out of business.

Throw the book at them, I say. And make it a big book.
    yes mate its a hard world out there, but its about time these precious kants were brought down!
    The Football Lge now have to be strong,but they won't, we know this, its why i hate the Prem so much because they ain't better!
    All those toe rag clubs that connived and schemed for years to realise this coup have to be thrown out of the Prem altogether, Lge 4 sounds good!!!!

My thinking is that this idea is not dead, just put on ice. So all the more reason to hit them hard and fast with sanctions.

Why not use the fine money for lower league/grass roots teams to help with money lost during COVID.

I keep hearing that the fans shouldn’t suffer but you have to see the irony, we’ve had the life sucked out of us for 14 years, Leeds have been shafted by cräp owners as outlined above. Then there’s Blackburn, Sunderland, Macclesfield to name a few more but nobody seems to care less until now and that’s regarding something that might happen but with the EPL & FA dishing out any punishments, probably bügger all will actually happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)