+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Floyd verdict.

George Floyd verdict.

The guilty verdict pronounced on Derek Chauvin, the police officer accused of George Floyd's murder was perfectly correct. However, please do not turn Floyd into some kind of martyr and hero. He was a criminal previously convicted of serious of crimes. What happened to him was outrageous and fully deserving of the verdict. The American police system and its attitude towards its black citizens does need reform but it might help if they re-visited the law which grants the right for Americans to carry guns, but they won't.

Watching Biden's performance after the verdict made me want to put my knee on his neck!

What a f u c k i n g annoying bandwagon jumper this simpering fool is.

The USA really does get the leader it deserves these days.

The trouble is, though, that the likes of Russia and China may also view Biden as an old fool and then the World may suffer the consequences. Biden’s comment re the trial I would have thought were completely out of order, the jury hadn’t delivered a verdict and had they decided ‘not guilty’ how would that have looked? Whilst not defending Chauvin, a guilty verdict was totally predictable, with the media coverage and the intervention of a democrat politician, this would, I expect, give good grounds for declaring a mistrial. I don’t know the details of the US state legal system but I would have thought that the trial should have taken place in a city a long way from the scene of the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The trouble is, though, that the likes of Russia and China may also view Biden as an old fool and then the World may suffer the consequences. Biden’s comment re the trial I would have thought were completely out of order, the jury hadn’t delivered a verdict and had they decided ‘not guilty’ how would that have looked? Whilst not defending Chauvin, a guilty verdict was totally predictable, with the media coverage and the intervention of a democrat politician, this would, I expect, give good grounds for declaring a mistrial. I don’t know the details of the US state legal system but I would have thought that the trial should have taken place in a city a long way from the scene of the crime.

Top post Ketts and completely agree! He was going to be guilty even before the jury had the facts - a kangaroo court! It was outrageous for Biden to even make a comment before the verdict was announced!

Perhaps the old fool Biden will do something about guns being out of control in the US. Violence breeds violence and it’s always a disturbed young kid who causes mass shootings!

Can Karmala Harris who is a smart cookie not wheel Biden out to rest in a care home? In fact Harris could even help unite the country as although Obama was a nice chap he was another paper shuffler and too weak!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)