+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jockey View Post
    I hate VAR but this referee is making a one man case to keep it! Hard to assess the performance after his game changing mistake. I would say that we are very poor at stopping wide balls coming into our area before the sending off and for most of the season.

As we know we have several players who are triers but are just not upto Champsionship quality.

Looks like its going to end in failure but I would still back Paul Warne in League One. Who wants to go back to the big name appointments like Stubbs and Jackett!
    O’Reilly might be the cheaper option.

Ref didn't cost us our place in the championship, we're where we are because we haven't been good enough. No points at home v Wycombe, Coventry and Birmingham is where we lost it.

He couldnt be arsed to book the Wednesday left back for a rugby tackle on Wing just before he hit the post, but can wait 2 minutes to book Lindsay.What a James Hunt.Dont refs work on a promotion,relagation system?Two rescinded cards, should be an automatic relegation, but then we will probably have the tosser next season.

Warney he's got to go. Preferably now. Seasons over. Need fresh ideas. Crooks made it easy for ref to make that decision. It looked worse than it was but ref would only see their player layed out.

Fact is Wether its a red or not Crooks had no chance of winning the ball and put himself in danger of giving the ref the chance to dish out the red. He was 8 foot away from the player, just let him win the header its going nowhere .Card was given for reckless endangerment for me it was . On the team performance Sadlier had 4 chances to cross the ball from a set piece every time he hit the first defender .Hirst has to be the worst loan player we have signed ever and we have had a few.No idea what LCFC see in him . Most of the team giving the ball away (i no its harder with 10 men) but this has been a theme all season doomed to ****ing lg 1 .We have to a new direction .Go get somebody with a angry streak in them .We will need a new team because most of these will be sold or leave ideal chance for a new guy to get a shot with his own team .

I’m not going to have a go at lads that didn’t seem to do anything or were **** 😉 because the red card might have affected them
    Imo that’s a game we could’ve won if it was for a ****er in the middle 😡😡😡😡😡

I’m more upset over this game than any others

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Ref didn't cost us our place in the championship, we're where we are because we haven't been good enough. No points at home v Wycombe, Coventry and Birmingham is where we lost it.
    No but he was impactful in us playing 70 minutes with 10 men having played 5 games in 12 days. EFL really had no right in appointing him after the SW game and opened themselves up for criticism when they did. Still, all will be put right on Saturday with Trevor Kettle at Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agree with Narnendee (not sure if name is correctly spelt, sorry) on the match thread.

Just disillusioned with football in this league. That sums up how I feel perfectly.

Why oh why is it too much to ask for to have a fair crack at the whip? Yes we struggle in many areas and pretty much all teams have better quality than us but throughout this season we have been absolutely done by officials.

I've never ever seen anyone sent off for foul play using their head, has anyone else? Violent conduct maybe but foul play with your head? Behave.

Oh and Wiles was appaling and should never have stayed on but whatever.
    Yes I believe I have ? Zinadine Zadan or words to that affect !

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Fact is Wether its a red or not Crooks had no chance of winning the ball and put himself in danger of giving the ref the chance to dish out the red. He was 8 foot away from the player, just let him win the header its going nowhere .Card was given for reckless endangerment for me it was . On the team performance Sadlier had 4 chances to cross the ball from a set piece every time he hit the first defender .Hirst has to be the worst loan player we have signed ever and we have had a few.No idea what LCFC see in him . Most of the team giving the ball away (i no its harder with 10 men) but this has been a theme all season doomed to ****ing lg 1 .We have to a new direction .Go get somebody with a angry streak in them .We will need a new team because most of these will be sold or leave ideal chance for a new guy to get a shot with his own team .
    Fair points pal. I think the sentiment with Warne has now run it's course, some great memories some god damn awful ones too. It's all too lovely dovey. Warne fist bumping the Ref, wtf! He's the last person he needs to be nice to.
    Major question, why does Wiles get to stay on the pitch when he's clearly burnt out and offered not a great deal tonight but saw out a full match?

I think the FA will back the Ref up on this one or he's going to look a right c*** having his last 3 reds all rescinded!

Shocking decision that totally switched the balance of play and, when we were leading. He just had to get one back on us for his big gaff at the sty.
    Last edited by Brin; 21-04-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Go get somebody with a angry streak in them .
    Not sure how someone who runs down the street naked whilst angry helps

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast