+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I agree.

We should sack a young and upcoming manager...

And replace him with a young and upcoming manager, preferably with a 100% record in league one.

Oh, wait...
    Not about that at all. Not about finding the perfect manager because they don't exist.

I'm forever grateful to PW for what he has brought us. Two promotions, a team we can get behind, a real togetherness. Forever grateful for that. I'm just saying if he were to go then that's who I would look to.

It's not a Warne out campaign for me at all, not in the slightest, but sometimes a fresh approach is welcome. The lads and coaches seem to really get on, have a great relationship and I love it. Just that if it were decided we needed a freshening up then that's the way I would go. And it was said off the idea of PW resigning so if that were to happen then we would have to look for someone.

Coming to a natural conclusion because all parties have done everything they can to succeed and they feel it has been exhausted isn't about going after someone or people having an agenda.

Maybe Crooks should have gone down, holding his head?

Hope our manager has a stab proof vest on , looks like he will need it with you lot. Lack of investment is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agree with Narnendee (not sure if name is correctly spelt, sorry) on the match thread.

Just disillusioned with football in this league. That sums up how I feel perfectly.

Why oh why is it too much to ask for to have a fair crack at the whip? Yes we struggle in many areas and pretty much all teams have better quality than us but throughout this season we have been absolutely done by officials.

I've never ever seen anyone sent off for foul play using their head, has anyone else? Violent conduct maybe but foul play with your head? Behave.

Oh and Wiles was appaling and should never have stayed on but whatever.
    I mentioned this at the end of the match thread mt. You could almost give the ref a very vague and hostile benefit of the doubt in mistaking the head for the elbow. But it looks like he's going with the story that he thought it was serious foul play and endangering an opponent...with your head. Like you, I don't think I've ever heard of that offence before aside of obvious head buts. Looks like Millers in the championship is drawing out new forms of creativity from the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The ref reckons the challenge endangered their player...WTF...every aerial dual has the chance of a clash of heads, ergo every challenge is endangering another player.

The ref hasn’t thought through his sending off, he has kept up his record of poor decisions
    Exactly. You see players leading into aerial challenges like this all the time, but unfortunately on this occasion its a clash of heads. Quite a frequent occurrence and never once seen a red for it before

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    There's a bloke called Jose who has a bit of a mean streak, is looking for work and to rebuild his career.
    **** off cam! I've waited 18 months to get rid of him from spurs!

Matt Crookes had a quick look forward as the ball was played and made the decision that he could win the ball and flick it on, and then only had eyes for the ball. He led with his arm which is a natural movement for jumping but clashed heads with their player and the only reason IMO that the ref red carded him was because he wasn't hurt, and I really dont know how he didnt suffer a head injury also, so the ref thought his elbow had done the damage and duly brought out the red card, but i think that we will appeal and have a decent shout of having it overturned, again.
    5 games in 11 days has killed us but we have to deal with it and keep going, because we were a team out on our feet tonight and boro murdered us, and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us in the end.
    I believe PW has every right to have another crack at div 1 and hope he decides to stay, but i have said before that i think someone will come calling for him, and if that club is right then he should go to progress and challenge himself UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I have to be honest I don’t think Paul Warnes a winner ! and that clearly reflects in his team !
    promoted twice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Hope our manager has a stab proof vest on , looks like he will need it with you lot. Lack of investment is to blame.

Stovic, I've already said, 'Heh let's not start laying into Warne let him make the decision. I think we all know what's coming.

Thing is you can't just blame lack of investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    No we’ve had investment but all wasted on players sat on benches or shipped out somewhere :-

Blackman
    Flo
    Hirst
    Giles
    Sadlier
    Miller
    Clarke
    Thompson
    Tilt
    At least a couple of million wasted, we can’t afford to perform like that.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast