+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Jamie Hudd
    @Huddy1993
    ·
    6m
    Read into this all you want millers. Darren bond over the next week is only appointed to 1 game, and that's 4th official for Watford V Millwall Saturday. No game for him next week either #rufc

4th officilal? a wunt even trust him to do that reight the top rate wassock

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Why does it have to be the manager who has done something to Barlaser? He might be carrying some sort of knock or strain that means PW doesnt want to risk him for more than one half of a game, or it could be that PW doesnt think he's playing well enough, or training well enough to be given a sustained run in the team?" even you said he was one of worst players for us last night so why not say "I dont know what's happened to Barlaser?" instead of ," I don't know what the managers done with Barlaser" As far as you are concerned, everything is PW's fault UTM
    You've never visited Planet gru, have you Ronners? In fact I don't think that anyone has. There is only one valid opinion about anything. His. He knows more about football, and horse racing, which is exactly the same as football (sic) than anyone 'cos he goes to home games, mean all. Although he 'weren't much good at football'

He is a better keeper than Iverson and a better manager than Paul Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Here we are again. Slating the ref. Sending off, rolling ball for there first goal ect. We have var for incidents like these. Then again nobody wants var. Anyone have a solution?
    I personally don't have a problem with VAR in getting most decisions right but undertsand hostility towards it. If you don't have something like that when it's available, we have to accept that refs will keep getting it wrong, and with some of their human unconscious biases against the smaller clubs (if that is a thing!) we will have to accept that smaller, less fashionable clubs will get more bad decisions against us than we would if VAR was there to challenge it. Not an easy decision, but on balance, I'm for accuracy being as tight as possible

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I personally don't have a problem with VAR in getting most decisions right but undertsand hostility towards it. If you don't have something like that when it's available, we have to accept that refs will keep getting it wrong, and with some of their human unconscious biases against the smaller clubs (if that is a thing!) we will have to accept that smaller, less fashionable clubs will get more bad decisions against us than we would if VAR was there to challenge it. Not an easy decision, but on balance, I'm for accuracy being as tight as possible
    I've only seen VAR from a TV viewer's perspective. I expect the answer is no due to Covid but has anyone on here been at a 'live' game where VAR has been in play?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    You've never visited Planet gru, have you Ronners? In fact I don't think that anyone has. There is only one valid opinion about anything. His. He knows more about football, and horse racing, which is exactly the same as football (sic) than anyone 'cos he goes to home games, mean all. Although he 'weren't much good at football'

He knows nowt about horse racing. I beat him at Donny and the grand national and I know nowt about horse betting

I dont mind anyone's opinion buddy and I really do understand people's frustration with PW even though I love the guy and all he stands for, but gru lost a lot of credibility by telling us all how the winger we had, Lamy ,was way better than anything we had then or have had since, even though PW in the end didnt use him and sent him on loan to a team in a legation scrap In div 1 who also didnt use him, and to blame PW for Barlaser not being in the team, even though gru himself said he was poor against Middlesbro last night makes no sense UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He knows nowt about horse racing. I beat him at Donny and the grand national and I know nowt about horse betting
    If you'd have told me the rules 1st at Cheltenham I'd have done same as you gone for all the favourites. I can't remember Doncaster. Referee last night nobody's mentioning goal they had disallowed when our defender & keeper got in a mix up before Crooks got sent off. You only see what you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Which, in turn, tells you how much he knows about the beautiful game.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If you'd have told me the rules 1st at Cheltenham I'd have done same as you gone for all the favourites. I can't remember Doncaster. Referee last night nobody's mentioning goal they had disallowed when our defender & keeper got in a mix up before Crooks got sent off. You only see what you want to see.
    As the government's Behavioural Insights Team (AKA "Nudge Unit") says in their MINDSPACE framework document:

We tend to behave in a way that supports the impression of a positive and consistent self-image. When things go well in our lives, we attribute it to ourselves; when they go badly, it's the fault of other people, or the situation we were put in – an effect known as the "fundamental attribution error".

We think the same way for groups that we identify with. Psychologists have found this group identification to be a very robust effect, and its power is so great that – like a number of the other effects above – it changes how we see the world. The classic illustration of this effect is sports fans' memories of their team's performance in a match. Fans systematically misremember, and misinterpret, the behaviour of their own team compared with the opponents. A match in which both teams appear equally culpable of committing fouls to an impartial observer will be seen by a partial fan as one characterised by far more fouls by the opposing team than their own.

Which, in turn, tells you how much he knows about the beautiful game.
    When was the last time we saw the beautiful game here? Not while Warney's been in charge. Warnock got best out of us but Evans getting us up from league 1 & keeping us in the championship was best football we've seen at the NYS

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast