+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If you'd have told me the rules 1st at Cheltenham I'd have done same as you gone for all the favourites. I can't remember Doncaster. Referee last night nobody's mentioning goal they had disallowed when our defender & keeper got in a mix up before Crooks got sent off. You only see what you want to see.
    You mean when their player clearly kicked the ball out of Viktor’s ‘two hands’. That is a foul if you care to check the rules of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Here we are again. Slating the ref. Sending off, rolling ball for there first goal ect. We have var for incidents like these. Then again nobody wants var. Anyone have a solution?
    Lol.
    I’ll give you a clue ‘Bias’

Quote Originally Posted by jockey View Post
    I hate VAR but this referee is making a one man case to keep it! Hard to assess the performance after his game changing mistake. I would say that we are very poor at stopping wide balls coming into our area before the sending off and for most of the season.

As we know we have several players who are triers but are just not upto Champsionship quality.

Looks like its going to end in failure but I would still back Paul Warne in League One. Who wants to go back to the big name appointments like Stubbs and Jackett!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I've only seen VAR from a TV viewer's perspective. I expect the answer is no due to Covid but has anyone on here been at a 'live' game where VAR has been in play?
    Last season, before lockdown, I went to Bramall Lane with a Blades pal of mine to watch United against Brighton.
    VAR was only called on once in the game which was when George Baldock and a Brighton player went full pelt into.a 50-50 challenge which resulted in the Brighton player requiring treatment.
    While this was taking place the big VAR screen flashed up the message "checking possible red card." This was greeted with a prolonged chorus of boos from the home crowd which turned to cheers when the screen eventually said "no red card."
    The irony was that the crowd had made the wrong assumption because the red card check was actually for the challenge by the Brighton player but nobody knew that at the time and we didn't find out until after the game.
    I'm not a fan of the way VAR is being used and accurate communication is probably just one of a few issues that need to be addressed so that supporters and players know precisely what is being assessed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    You only see what you want to see.
    Pot and Kettle

Oh dear......get ready, the Ref at Barnsley is Gavin Ward, another of the "gang". Last time out for us was at Preston where surprisingly he did ok. Tends to lose is way in the game, but here's hoping for something...but don't no what.....UTM

Stats for refs In The championship. How the fek has bond got in the top 10!

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2018-2019

Interesting to see that Bond and Ward have each sent off 7 players, the most by any Championship referee and just under 10% of the total sendings off made by all 37 referees used in the Championship.
    It doesnt say whether this number is gross or net of red cards rescinded.

Ignore my last post, the figures are two seasons old. Bond is top of the tree for this season though with 6 out of 69 red cards.

Time to let this one go. Of the last four home defeats, this was the most predictable.

It doesn’t matter though because the damage as been done 😡 but tbh if it’s the only way Crooks doesn’t get a game I’d not recind it 😏

KEITH HACKETT
    @HACKETTREF
    · 21h
    Alan the player was wrongly argued to having used his elbow. Whilst he lead with an outstretched arm and an open hand the contact was in fact the accidental clash of heads. This is football snd I hope that Rotherham United appeal. Wrong decision by Referee Bond. twitter.com/alanbiggs1/sta…

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast