+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T First Drink at a Pub Today

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, my choice of red, and has been for some time now is, an Argentinian Malbec from Aldi @ £5.97 a botle, silly price I know.

I have seen though whilst nipping into Morrisons, not my favourite store, another Argentinian Malbec 2018 that was priced @ £8.50.
    It then dropped to £6 but I preferred to stick with my usual.

Took a call from a friend today who was in Morrisons at the time and he said the same one previously @ £8.50 had been reduced to £5 but while he was there they had stuck last minute labels on selling it off @ £3.75!

Shame not to miss out on a bargain so I purchased 6 bottles via my friend. I hope it's okay and doesn't end up in the cooking!
    The Argentinian Malbec trade must be booming at the moment. Mrs. CA has recently been 'investing' in an own label one from Costco on offer at $7.99 (about 5.75) a bottle. I like it because it's the cheapest wine they sell

ELK, my choice of red, and has been for some time now is, an Argentinian Malbec from Aldi @ £5.97 a botle, silly price I know.

I have seen though whilst nipping into Morrisons, not my favourite store, another Argentinian Malbec 2018 that was priced @ £8.50.
    It then dropped to £6 but I preferred to stick with my usual.

Took a call from a friend today who was in Morrisons at the time and he said the same one previously @ £8.50 had been reduced to £5 but while he was there they had stuck last minute labels on selling it off @ £3.75!

Shame not to miss out on a bargain so I purchased 6 bottles via my friend. I hope it's okay and doesn't end up in the cooking!

ELK, a quick update on the Vinalba purchased yesterday. Cork bottled, a nice deep red on appearance but on taste, there's an almost earthy/soily chalk like aftertaste. Plums and fruits flavour which you'd expect. I class it as a dry medium bodied wine and sad to say £3.75 is all it's worth. Probably find itself in my chilli con carnes etc.

Thanks for info Brin

We are going to look at carpets today, & was going to make a detour to Morrison's for the Vinalba wine,
    don't think I'll bother now.

One beer I saw yesterday was, " Banana Bread Beer " at Morrisons, I know they say, dip your bread,
    but I would use my Loaf & not use my Dough on that, I could have ended slipping up.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 06-05-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Thanks for info Brin

We are going to look at carpets today, & was going to make a detour to Morrison's for the Vinalba wine,
    don't think I'll bother now.

One beer I saw yesterday was, " Banana Bread Beer " at Morrisons, I know they say, dip your bread,
    but I would use my Loaf & not use my Dough on that, I could have ended slipping up.

...as for carpets have you tried out CD Carpets on Greasbrough Road. The builiding use to be the Roundbrand double glazing company and you can either park on Thames street or use their car park which you access on Glasshouse Street. Plenty of choice and reasonably priced.

ELK, a quick update on the Vinalba purchased yesterday. Cork bottled, a nice deep red on appearance but on taste, there's an almost earthy/soily chalk like aftertaste. Plums and fruits flavour which you'd expect. I class it as a dry medium bodied wine and sad to say £3.75 is all it's worth. Probably find itself in my chilli con carnes etc.
    That’s probably why it was dropped to that price…there’s always a reason….sounds like you could have face planted the garden for nothing and have the same taste experience..!.

...as for carpets have you tried out CD Carpets on Greasbrough Road. The builiding use to be the Roundbrand double glazing company and you can either park on Thames street or use their car park which you access on Glasshouse Street. Plenty of choice and reasonably priced.
    Thanks for info on carpets Brin.

Went to United Carpets at Swinton, 2 minutes in car from our home, took oldest lad with us, picked the carpet, got
    the price, then lad showed them his NHS blue badge, got 10% off, & paid them.
    United Carpets giving 10% off to NHS workers / families.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Thanks for info on carpets Brin.

Went to United Carpets at Swinton, 2 minutes in car from our home, took oldest lad with us, picked the carpet, got
    the price, then lad showed them his NHS blue badge, got 10% off, & paid them.
    United Carpets giving 10% off to NHS workers / families.
    Glad you got sorted pal. Yes the blue badge comes in handy , Wife and Daughter use theirs regularly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123