+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Warne does go....

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I hope Warne dunt go but he may feel there are easier ways of making a living. TS needs to back him in league 1. we will have the basics of a decent squad. Put square pegs in square hole s and go again.
    I share your sentiments Roly.

Losing Paul Warne would be a particularly dumb move and I don't think Tony Stewart would make such an error. I don't like relegation very much but I like promotions to the Championship and Paul is the only chap in my long lifetime who has got us two promotions from the third division - each, amazingly, at the first attempt.

I am sure Doncaster would think all their Birthdays had arrived at once if Tony sacked him.

I really don't understand what is wrong with being a "yo-yo" club anyway. Its better than my generation of fans have had to put up with for the last 55 years. We are clearly not wanted in the Championship and the powers that be always seem to conspire to make it difficult for us to compete fairly and we are always the club with the most meagre finances (or second most meagre). In spite of everything we usually make a good go of competing with clubs who have individual players that cost almost as much as our lovely new stadium.

There seem to be a lot of people shouting for Paul's blood but i don't know of a single manager who would want to replace him, who has a better record and who we could afford. Remember a replacement would need to be able to run the club on a relatively small budget whilst being successful at the same time - that constraint limits the possibilities significantly. If any of those wanting to get rid of Paul can enlighten me, please do that. What will probably happen if were to get rid of Paul is that we'll end up with a string of expensive failures as usual - just like our friends at Sheffield 6.

Quote Originally Posted by vaterland_miller View Post

Losing Paul Warne would be a particularly dumb move and I don't think Tony Stewart would make such an error. I don't like relegation very much but I like promotions to the Championship and Paul is the only chap in my long lifetime who has got us two promotions from the third division - each, amazingly, at the first attempt.

I am sure Doncaster would think all their Birthdays had arrived at once if Tony sacked him.

I really don't understand what is wrong with being a "yo-yo" club anyway. Its better than my generation of fans have had to put up with for the last 55 years. We are clearly not wanted in the Championship and the powers that be always seem to conspire to make it difficult for us to compete fairly and we are always the club with the most meagre finances (or second most meagre). In spite of everything we usually make a good go of competing with clubs who have individual players that cost almost as much as our lovely new stadium.

There seem to be a lot of people shouting for Paul's blood but i don't know of a single manager who would want to replace him, who has a better record and who we could afford. Remember a replacement would need to be able to run the club on a relatively small budget whilst being successful at the same time - that constraint limits the possibilities significantly. If any of those wanting to get rid of Paul can enlighten me, please do that. What will probably happen if were to get rid of Paul is that we'll end up with a string of expensive failures as usual - just like our friends at Sheffield 6.
    👏👏👏 excellent post. Saves me from saying much more. I truly believe that as a hard working team we are missing the twelfth man, i,e the fans. I am sure we would have picked up a few more points at home with the crowd behind us.Just look at the budget differences between us and Derby for example.
    We will lose on or two players who want to move on to smaller and worse things ( oh yes it goes downhill once you leave NYS &#129315

Good look to them all but Paul Warne is exactly the right person to be at the helm.

Up the Millers.

Someone tell me why Mattock was straight in side after being awol for centuries and Clarke is lucky to get on bench?

I’d like to know what the problem is with Clarke

I have never seen owt my h wrong with clark when he comes on. Not saying he is the finished article but when it comes to the point we are mathematically relegated we need to give him a Run and maybe couple of the young uns

Quote Originally Posted by vaterland_miller View Post

I'm with this too.
    Tony and Paul are the right fit for us

Warney simply as he's got to go. It's not progress from 2 seasons ago it's regress, we've gone backwards from then. How does Robin's get his side set up good enough & we can't. Giving Wood another contract, why? I keep asking. Warney stops S McDonald be another waisted wage. Clarke I've said be worth trying at left wing back cause everyone else we've tried there have not cut the mustard. None of loans here apart from Wing same not good enough.

Grow up, and learn intelligible English.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Grow up, and learn intelligible English.
    What can't you understand? Like most you only want to hear what you want to hear!

Fair comparison as Covs relative player value is only marginally more than ours, in fact it is the only realistic comparison.
    If you take our & Covs value as 1, multiply clubs by the following :

Bournemouth 8
    Norwich 8
    Brentford 6.75
    Watford 5.75
    Blackburn 4.75
    Swansea 4
    Reading 3.85
    Cardiff 3.75
    Stoke 3.5
    Forest 3.5
    Middlesbrough 3.3
    Bristol City 3.25
    Birmingham 2.85
    Derby 2.80
    Huddersfield 2.70
    Preston 2.40
    Millwall 2.20
    Sheffield Wednesday 1.95
    Barnsley 1.90
    QPR 1.85
    Luton 1.35
    Coventry 1.05
    Rotherham 1.00
    Wycombe 0.60

Now tell me who is over or underperforming? I rest my case.

For the record some of the prem teams relative starting team value :
    Sheffield Utd 7.00
    West Brom 4.75
    Leeds 9.50
    Leicester 20
    Chelsea 33
    Man Utd 34
    Man City 46
    Liverpool 52

I know he came close last time but it’s got to be Megson for me, has the experience we need

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast