+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Super League

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned and naive but I really wouldn't mind going back to pre-Sky football without those 2 scummy clubs and all the cr@p they bring. I believe we COULD find our level without them. Of course the quality of players wouldn't be as high but surely having a truly competitive league which any team would have the chance of winning would outweigh a lot. Games at 3pm on a Saturday... Maybe bigger crowds as the glory hunter OF fans would soon get bored of winning nothing and might start supporting their local teams...
    That is a very good post above and i clearly feel the same,but i really don't think the English will ever accept them into their top league without going through their lower league's first.

The problem for the OF in these circumstances would be their fans causing chaos in Crewe,riots in Rotherham and mayhem in Mansfield,in my opinion that's what would happen and they'd be sent homewards tae think again long before the promised land.

I think JJ is right. Crowds would rise. Interest would increase. Sponsorship the big issue though. I'd be happy to take the risk on the basis that all gate revenue would be split 50/50 because that (thanks to the SSB's) is what's preventing a more competitive and exciting league.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I understand your and other posters sentiments regarding the OF mate and i also feel the same.We would have one massive price to pay though and that would be either no SKY deal or one with a huge budget cut for the remaining club's.

Lets be honest here the current SKY deal MUST have four OF games per season and one of them on most weeks playing away from home.

Can we find our level without them?,of course we can but the quality of player playing in an OF free league is bound to drop exacerbated by the lack of TV and sponsorship money.
    Yeah tv money would be cut but most of it goes to the ugly sisters anyway.Could maybe get them to try summer football and tv money may even go up when there is no english football for the tv stations.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    all gate revenue would be split 50/50 because that (thanks to the SSB's) is what's preventing a more competitive and exciting league.
    Bang on the money. Wiggy’s naked greed in failing to do the honourable thing and voting to change the 11-1 vote structure while the New Club were doon is one of the most shameless derelictions of duty in the history of Scottish Football. I really think it was that serious. It was a unique and never to be repeated opportunity for the smaller Clubs to turn the whole structure on its head for their collective advantage rather than for two Clubs in Scotland. It was absolutely pivotal and he either bottled it or had found a nice, fat brown envelope stuffed with £50 notes on his desk one day as I still can see no reason why he voted how he did. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever and we will pay the price for his Quisling behaviour, well, forever.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 23-04-2021 at 06:48 AM.

As I have always said....if the old firm chiefs do come out and say they are wanting to leave our league, then the SPFL should kick them out the league or be given a severe points reduction for bringing our game into disrepute. This kind of talk under values our league and does a great deal of harm when trying to get TV deals etc.
    Punish them, leave them in limbo....we shouldn't be waiting for them to go, this is every teams league, not just the old firms. Prepare for life without them and show them that we ain't gonna stand for their billybigbaws carry on. We would be fine without them!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    As I have always said....if the old firm chiefs do come out and say they are wanting to leave our league, then the SPFL should kick them out the league or be given a severe points reduction for bringing our game into disrepute. This kind of talk under values our league and does a great deal of harm when trying to get TV deals etc.
    Punish them, leave them in limbo....we shouldn't be waiting for them to go, this is every teams league, not just the old firms. Prepare for life without them and show them that we ain't gonna stand for their billybigbaws carry on. We would be fine without them!
    Absolutely. Said the same for virtually my entire life following United.

We have a weak as p*sh governing body that panders to these bstrd clubs. Special mention for the sheepsh*gers in that regard also.

Would love to see this happen and Scottish Football open up with renewed vigour for all clubs. Once we all found our new financial level the game would thrive I believe.

Get them and their “ colts” “b team” pish tae Phuk out of Scottish Football once and for all.Hope we can finally reclaim our game.

Unfortunately I can’t see any of this happening at all. FTOF always.

I agree JJ - all the clubs would adjust accordingly, survive and maybe even prosper?

But there's no way the EPL are gonna take Celtic or Newco.

The few OF fans I know would not like their clubs to leave Scottish Football.

And I'm surprised that either club wants to leave given that their financial muscle in Scotland pretty much guarantees European competition football every year. And that is where the big money is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)