+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British Super League

British Super League

Once again Celtic and Rangers see an opportunity to leave the SPFL and follow the money, my view would be ok then gtf and good riddance, then again by the time it evolves Nicola Sturgeon may have held a referendum for Scotlands independence and if successful will have made us join the EU again. So we won't be part of Britain anymore and therefore they won't get in the British Super League, what a pisser eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Once again Celtic and Rangers see an opportunity to leave the SPFL and follow the money, my view would be ok then gtf and good riddance, then again by the time it evolves Nicola Sturgeon may have held a referendum for Scotlands independence and if successful will have made us join the EU again. So we won't be part of Britain anymore and therefore they won't get in the British Super League, what a pisser eh.
    Aye they can both **** off via the nearest exit for me, the sooner the ****ing better!

👍😁 agree.

Martin Lipton maybe regarded as a decent journalist down south but his piece today has a major contradiction in it.He says that the EPL would welcome the OF with open arms BUT the league would be cut to 18 teams.
    This means that clubs like Burnley and Crystal Palace would need to vote themselves into their Championship to allow this to happen.In all 4 teams would need to agree to an 18 team league and also vote to leave it to let the OF join.
    During the 5 subs rammy at the start of this season the big club's with massive squads wanted it implemented but the smaller teams voted it out and as far as i'm aware for any change to happen in the EPL 14 clubs need to vote it through.

Good info GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    I posted about this in Scotland mad

I just made it up

If it does happen though Aberdeen & Dundee United will be part of it.

Two of the best British clubs IMO

Here is how the last vote went.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/defau...l-not-go-away/

The previous vote was 20 to 0 for NO.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Here is how the last vote went.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/defau...l-not-go-away/

The previous vote was 20 to 0 for NO.
    😂 I honestly couldn't care less, good riddance. The only worry for me is that UEFA and Fifa will use this as a way to a British national football team which they have always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    �� I honestly couldn't care less, good riddance. The only worry for me is that UEFA and Fifa will use this as a way to a British national football team which they have always wanted.
    I understand your and other posters sentiments regarding the OF mate and i also feel the same.We would have one massive price to pay though and that would be either no SKY deal or one with a huge budget cut for the remaining club's.

Lets be honest here the current SKY deal MUST have four OF games per season and one of them on most weeks playing away from home.

Can we find our level without them?,of course we can but the quality of player playing in an OF free league is bound to drop exacerbated by the lack of TV and sponsorship money.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I understand your and other posters sentiments regarding the OF mate and i also feel the same.We would have one massive price to pay though and that would be either no SKY deal or one with a huge budget cut for the remaining club's.

Lets be honest here the current SKY deal MUST have four OF games per season and one of them on most weeks playing away from home.

Can we find our level without them?,of course we can but the quality of player playing in an OF free league is bound to drop exacerbated by the lack of TV and sponsorship money.
    Maybe I'm old fashioned and naive but I really wouldn't mind going back to pre-Sky football without those 2 scummy clubs and all the cr@p they bring. I believe we COULD find our level without them. Of course the quality of players wouldn't be as high but surely having a truly competitive league which any team would have the chance of winning would outweigh a lot. Games at 3pm on a Saturday... Maybe bigger crowds as the glory hunter OF fans would soon get bored of winning nothing and might start supporting their local teams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)