+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Surely Gallagher must come in for Phillips on Sunday.
    Why?

Phillips has been brilliant for two games v Chelsea and Southampton. Had a bad game tonight but he wasn't alone.

It's that b loody red and yellow strip. As soon as I saw that we were wearing it tonight I knew that we were in for a hammering.

We’ll beat the Villa and the Dingles now.

Just to instil that shred of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    It's that b loody red and yellow strip. As soon as I saw that we were wearing it tonight I knew that we were in for a hammering.
    My lad said the same to me before kick off!

I missed the line-up at the start of the game .Was Gallagher on the bench? If so, why was he not brought on as we were desperate for someone with energy and enthusiasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I missed the line-up at the start of the game .Was Gallagher on the bench? If so, why was he not brought on as we were desperate for someone with energy and enthusiasm?
    Hi Gallagher was one booking away from a 3 match ban,the deadline passed today, I wonder if that's why they didn't bring him on last night.
    The ref seemed quick to book our players yet, let Albrighton off with a couple of bad tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Why?

Phillips has been brilliant for two games v Chelsea and Southampton. Had a bad game tonight but he wasn't alone.

I would use the words played well as opposed to brilliant. That’s the problem with Phillips who is a bit like Robinson - too inconsistent and goes missing! Livermore the same!

Not very often Gallagher or Okay go missing and sadly whilst a player can’t be great every game - they still can apply the endeavour- passion and energy! Did Phillips even touch the ball last night?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I would use the words played well as opposed to brilliant. That’s the problem with Phillips who is a bit like Robinson - too inconsistent and goes missing! Livermore the same!

Not very often Gallagher or Okay go missing and sadly whilst a player can’t be great every game - they still can apply the endeavour- passion and energy! Did Phillips even touch the ball last night?
    Yeah, he got an assist for Johnny Evans goal!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Diagne has been pathetic so far so let's hope that he goes and scores a spectacular goal now!

I am realistic! Apart from the three loan players in the middle we are a complete team of championship players with perhaps Johnstone being the exception but then again - Foster was a different class to him!

Townsend and O’Shea totally out of their depth and never rated Phillips although admit he’s had some good games under Fat Sam but then goes missing again! That Leicester black forward is a different class to Diagne who fluffs almost every opportunity!

Don’t think Fat Sam will wait around and also Lai will asset strip the club and our ambition will then be a league 1 manager in Appleton who still most likely won’t get Lincoln promoted!

Not looking good!! I hope the lazy t wats at least show some energy and desire against the Vile as a minimum! Even most pub teams do that!
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-04-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)