+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Happy St George’s Day

O/T Happy St George’s Day

What has happened to English patriotism?

Many go daft for St Patrick’s day but that’s just an excuse for a piss up.

Am I right in thinking he was originally from Turkey? Maybe that’s it. We should all go out and have a large kebab to celebrate. Seriously though I recall as a kid it being vigorously celebrated in junior school, how times have sadly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What has happened to English patriotism?

Many go daft for St Patrick’s day but that’s just an excuse for a piss up.

Am I right in thinking he was originally from Turkey? Maybe that’s it. We should all go out and have a large kebab to celebrate. Seriously though I recall as a kid it being vigorously celebrated in junior school, how times have sadly changed.
    There aren't many English kids in junior school nowadays Brin 🤔😉........oh and to the bleeding hearts, that is a lame attempt at a joke 🙄

Wonder they haven't tried to ban it! Englishman, Scotsman & Irishman talking Englishman said we called our son George cause he was born on St George's day. Scotsman said we called our son Andrew cause he was born on St Andrew's day. Irishman said now there's a coincidence I can't wait to get home & tell our Pancake 😷

Isn't it a sad situation when we have to be careful what we say, do and also what we appear to celebrate, for fear of upsetting someone or, more realistically, upsetting someone else who easily gets "upset" on someone else's behalf (who possibly couldn't give a toss anyway?).

watch out gru, for accusations of stereotyping.............even though it was funny

I don’t bother on here, too many ****ers but I did on fb

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t bother on here, too many ****ers but I did on fb
    Oh the irony...lol

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Wonder they haven't tried to ban it! Englishman, Scotsman & Irishman talking Englishman said we called our son George cause he was born on St George's day. Scotsman said we called our son Andrew cause he was born on St Andrew's day. Irishman said now there's a coincidence I can't wait to get home & tell our Pancake ��
    gru, that made me smile and nothing wrong in the joke. I'm sure the Irish just reverse role a joke about the English but the difference being we'll laugh with them.

St George wasn't from England but St Patrick wasn't from Ireland either.

St Alban would be a more appropriate patron saint for England though.
    Last edited by great_fire; 23-04-2021 at 09:40 AM.

More to the point, where was the Dragon from?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, that made me smile and nothing wrong in the joke. I'm sure the Irish just reverse role a joke about the English but the difference being we'll laugh with them.
    Brin I just looked on internet jokes for something topical that at least mentioned St George's day. Your right old days at BSC there were alot of Jamaicans where i worked things were said between us that today would be classed as racist on our part.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast