+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Baggies

I like Dean Smith and I appreciate what he has achieved. I remember a few saying MON had taken us to where he could (6th, for 3 consecutive seasons) and it all went to rat **** when he walked out 4 days before the season. But there were other factors involved too.

There are similarities with Smith and MON. The largest being - he has wasted quite a lot of money but found gems in Martinez, Konsa, Target, Cash and Luiz. He has also tired the players out. Using the same 15 players is not a good strategy.

Imo, I think getting Shakespeare in, and the improved coaching defensively hasn't come from Smith.

I think Dean is slow to make changes, but recently they have had a positive impact. (going 4 4 2) and bringing Davis on today.

I'd give him another season but if we start next year the way this one is finishing then sack him at Christmas.

That may be when Eddie Howe is ready to return to management too.

Well I wasn't far off, 2-2 was about right. We got better the game went on.
    One word for Lange and any new signings, can you make sure they can pass a ball. My god we are hopeless at passing and its people like SJM who are letting us down!
    Pleased for Davis getting his first goal and great to see Wes back even if it was for just 4 minutes!
    Lets see if Smith can avoid buying more championship players in the close season, we need some quality out there.
    Lingaurd and Tammy fit the bill..

Great to see Wes get a few minutes. Thought Ross had his best game since the injury and congrats to Davis finally breaking the goal drought. Thought their penalty was melt in your mouth soft but there it is. Thought is was an entertaining game to watch and snatching a point to sink in another nail was delightful.

I thought we were ok last night... We have a team designed to make Jack most effective, so when he's not playing we look like we are missing our main cog. We do not appear to have anyone who can fit comfortably into his place. I don't see a Man U or Man City redesigning their team to allow Jack that much influence. I hope he stays for his sake as much as ours. Fantastic Davis got a goal, hopefully he can kick on now. He looked sharp. Ollie looked spent. Hes played every minute of this season and looks leggy. Mcginn gave the ball away a lot, but I do feel the ref didn't give us anything all night.

Good game to watch, played some really good build-up stuff because they allowed us more room than is usually the case at this level and it was good to see players with their back to goal in the midfield turn on the ball & go forward. Credit to them too, for a team fighting relegation they didn't panic and had their moments in & around our box - softest of pens & terrible luck with their second.

I thought Barkley put a shift in and McGinn made some incisive passes, Davis in another cameo gave them nightmares, Luiz worked hard but his inconsistency on the ball is a big problem. Good to have Wes back and El Ghazi looked sharp.

Smith really frustrates me - for all our play we struggled to open them up and the changes should have come much sooner, another 10 minutes we'd have scored again for sure. Ollie also is terrible when he has time to pick his spot, he's had a decent first season and if he can improve this part of his game we'll pick up more points from that, cannot fault his effort.

In appreciation of Elmo - what a professional this man is, 33/34 years old and in great shape so performs when called on, probably his last game in a Villa shirt, as the commentator said it's a real shame the fans weren't there to give him an ovation.

Overall decent - you'd have thought it was a horror show if you follow Villa on Twitter

We're fairly sh1t though, aren't we? Better for a lucky manager than a good un.

Really pleased for big Kienan, he is far from the finished article but caused the Baggies more trouble in 10 minutes than Bert did all game. Think Mondaze is right, Ollie is tired having run himself into the ground chasing lost causes all season, i cannot understand why Smith has not either given him a rest or at least put him out wide with maybe Kienan as a target, even for 30 minutes a game. I still reckon, especially now Hause is fit we should be playing 3 5 2 or 3 4 3 pushing Targett and Cash/elmo into midfield, Targett in particular crosses the ball far better than the two so called wingers in front of him. There is little or no pressure on us for the last half dozen games points wise so why not just try? 3 from jack/ollie/wes/keinan depending on fitness would give most defenses a few nightmares I think.

Good call old skool

Good call on the wing back pushing on. I noticed the one thing Elmo had in his locker has deserted him, his crossing. My gosh he was hopeless. "Oh its come to Elmo, go son cross it.....omg, what was that"

I guess thats what happens when you are on the bench week after week without getting any game time, strikes a hell of a volley though . Whilst his crosses were not the best, one thing Cashy could learn from him is being there to make the cross in the first place, I think its one of his weaker areas, which as a former wide mid player seems a bit odd to me, but Im probably over thinking it, something Im regularly accused of at home!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)