+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris Says We Need To Help India

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good post BS and your last sentence is spot on! I agree nobody does anything for nothing but on the Coronavirus side every country will suffer unless global helping each other is in place. If India lets say gets worse ( if that's possible ) for sure we could be back at square one with a deadly variant meaning present vaccinations are not effective. What about other poorer countries?

India is seen in my eyes as the next China for lots of manufacturing and already that's happening slowly so Boris is not stupid with trade offs. Look at most of our talented surgeons in this country ( Indian ) as was my own last year with a difficult operation, so again trade offs.

As for billionaires as you say in any country - nothing will change as without being crude - many amass fortunes on being tight, luck, and being pretty horrible. But are these people any happier in life - NO!

On another note - hope your daughter is OK and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine!
    Thanks Al, problem is the sun is not very good for her and she’s not improving very much at all, so I have quit my job and will be leaving at the end of the month to have some time off and help

Also the comment about surgeons, I know plenty of crappy Indian docs as well as other professions and unfortunately a lot of Indians are very money orientated which is part of the issue with the poverty gap in India
    It would be better if they could help themselves

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I’m indifferent, India doesn’t need it really and we will only give it if we can leverage a lot more back

Sorry is that’s not the binary yes / no you wanted, but few things in life are
    Fine. I didn't have time to read all of your post. No need to apologise. All of the best.

Thanks Al, problem is the sun is not very good for her and she’s not improving very much at all, so I have quit my job and will be leaving at the end of the month to have some time off and help

Also the comment about surgeons, I know plenty of crappy Indian docs as well as other professions and unfortunately a lot of Indians are very money orientated which is part of the issue with the poverty gap in India
    It would be better if they could help themselves

Sorry to hear that BS. Good on you for taking time off to be with your daughter as your kids are the number 1 priority. Since my own health issues and still on-going family is absolute priority and I rarely work now. Des once said life was for living and he’s so right which is why most millionaires yes are loaded - but have sad and miserable lives.

Best wishes to you and your family and maybe we can drag you away for a pint at a championship match.

Sorry to hear that BS. Good on you for taking time off to be with your daughter as your kids are the number 1 priority. Since my own health issues and still on-going family is absolute priority and I rarely work now. Des once said life was for living and he’s so right which is why most millionaires yes are loaded - but have sad and miserable lives.

Best wishes to you and your family and maybe we can drag you away for a pint at a championship match.
    Hopefully so would be good

How are you now?
    What are next steps for u?

Hopefully so would be good

How are you now?
    What are next steps for u?

One MRI was good in that cancer had not reoccurred/progressed but other MRI showed other issues which need even more tests and medication. I will get there as from the encouragement from the board - will give walking football a go. I like the motto even more - life is for living so plan to enjoy myself!

Wife’s 50th birthday in two weeks so need to put my thinking cap on!

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I agree baggieal. Isn’t it in india where the serum centre is which mass produces vaccines for us? One thought i’ve always had though about helping the poorer countries is the chaotic way we try to to help them. Rather than countries trying to help many countries at once, why don’t each of the top 20 countries be assigned a country to help? So richest nation gets the poorest country, then next richest gets next poorest country and so on. So much better to try organise and straight forward. Anyway, just my view.
    That’s a great idea 💡

One MRI was good in that cancer had not reoccurred/progressed but other MRI showed other issues which need even more tests and medication. I will get there as from the encouragement from the board - will give walking football a go. I like the motto even more - life is for living so plan to enjoy myself!

Too stuff, more power to you brother, wish u all the best

All of the very best Al', birthday wishes to your good lady wife too.

Get her a naked butler for the day mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Get her a naked butler for the day mate.
    Where do you get them from Mickd? ........ asking for a friend!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)