+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boris Says We Need To Help India

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie Sharon View Post
    Where do you get them from Mickd? ........ asking for a friend!
    It’s actually me Sharon.

What address am I going to?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s actually me Sharon.

What address am I going to?
    mmmm, I look forward to it, perhaps we could also watch the Dingles game from today?? Lol

Heard a World Service report on Covid in India. They interviewed a doctor whose practice was in rural villages rather than in the big cities such as Delhi that we usually hear about. She commented on how Covid patients were arriving with 'iron branding marks on their stomachs because their had gone first to the local witch doctor for treatment which was to place a hot branding iron to rid them of the plague. Only after this failed did they turn to doctors for help.' When asked how many she saw her reply was 'Most.'

We so often look at other countries problems and try and apply and own standards when in reality we know so little of what goes on.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/148424...eal-india-1bn/

This is what Boris was after, not handing money out

Plus we already get 23bn from trade, the “green” issue does make me laugh as a lot of these things are not they just hide the emissions in other areas along the chain

Given the massively strong ties we have with India this is a no brainer really, as long as it is sensible and avoids our home grown businesses being left at a disadvantage through lower Indian labour costing then I’m all for it, the market is huge and growing and the Indian middle classes are growing and have considerable spending power.

Both Sweden and Norway buy more from the UK than India. Other than the Sun can't find another source stating £23bn.

Next year India will overtake the States as having the world's largest number of middle class folk.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 04-05-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)