+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris Says We Need To Help India

Boris Says We Need To Help India

I totally agree! Without the richer countries in the World helping other countries with vaccination help/sharing best practice - the Virus will not be eradicated and keep mutating. Pointless doing everything here and in the USA then to think - we are alright Jack!

Maybe the richer celebrities and multi millionaires contribute too! I bet the likes of Apple - Amazon - Facebook - Richard Brandon etc to name but a few will be desperate to provide aid via their large back pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I totally agree! Without the richer countries in the World helping other countries with vaccination help/sharing best practice - the Virus will not be eradicated and keep mutating. Pointless doing everything here and in the USA then to think - we are alright Jack!

Maybe the richer celebrities and multi millionaires contribute too! I bet the likes of Apple - Amazon - Facebook - Richard Brandon etc to name but a few will be desperate to provide aid via their large back pockets!
    I agree baggieal. Isn’t it in india where the serum centre is which mass produces vaccines for us? One thought i’ve always had though about helping the poorer countries is the chaotic way we try to to help them. Rather than countries trying to help many countries at once, why don’t each of the top 20 countries be assigned a country to help? So richest nation gets the poorest country, then next richest gets next poorest country and so on. So much better to try organise and straight forward. Anyway, just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I agree baggieal. Isn’t it in india where the serum centre is which mass produces vaccines for us? One thought i’ve always had though about helping the poorer countries is the chaotic way we try to to help them. Rather than countries trying to help many countries at once, why don’t each of the top 20 countries be assigned a country to help? So richest nation gets the poorest country, then next richest gets next poorest country and so on. So much better to try organise and straight forward. Anyway, just my view.
    I like that idea of adopting a country Regis.

The problem I have with India is the number of mega wealthy billionaires they have there who could be helping and the fact the lower classes are so badly treated and looked down upon by the ruling elite.

The caste system is still an unwelcome and i tasteful part of Indian society I believe but I’d be interested in BaggieSingh’s perspective on this?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I like that idea of adopting a country Regis.

The problem I have with India is the number of mega wealthy billionaires they have there who could be helping and the fact the lower classes are so badly treated and looked down upon by the ruling elite.

The caste system is still an unwelcome and i tasteful part of Indian society I believe but I’d be interested in BaggieSingh’s perspective on this?
    I have a bit of insight into this as I may have mentioned before, but to be honest I am not aware of anything specific to the current goings on as I have had no time to even watch tv or read newspapers at the moment

But one think I will say is that no country just helps another country from the goodness of their heart
    Boris or any other PM is not a Good Samaritan and is not doing this free expecting nothing in return, politics is a dirty game and the UK would be expecting things back too, I am not saying they will benefit the UK but they may benefit large firms our politicians are currently in bed with, like I said politics is dirty and let’s not believe Boris or politicians in general are doing things for our benefit

I have spoken before about why certain wars and conflicts happen it’s about large corporations saddling countries with debt they can never repay for rebuilding infrastructure that we destroyed by bombing the crap out of it, with a view to ensure certain areas are never allowed to start to develop, who needs competition?

So let’s face it part of the reason that the UK is doing anything with India is because there are lots of opportunities there

With regards to the point about lots of billionaires yes there are and like in any country I believe the Uber rich should do more but let’s face it this doesn’t happen anywhere UK USA India Most of Africa China so India are not on their own in this regard
    Plus who will be setting up the links for the big corporations to make money in India? Their billionaires will so why would Boris be pushing them to put their hands in their pockets when he wants their help

If the help we are talking about is Corona related then I agree we should be helping all countries otherwise we all suffer but by we I mean the world not just the UK,

the thing that has always bothered me is that there is a “bank” somewhere right that ultimately owns debts and is creaming it in when things go well and bad for global economies (I am over simplifying I know there isn’t a bank but there is a systematic group of corporations behind this) where are they to help in these type of situations ?

What politics and all countries do is milk the middle to get their funds and that’s why they don’t give a f u c k because guess what if they f u c k up there’s more money there for them to get at next week, or month, or year and who pays? the hard working general public in all countries who are taxed and given scraps to feel a bit better about their lives now and then.

To reference Micks comment about the caste system, there are distasteful things about every country and especially when you look at things historically
    We can’t say this is distasteful because we are a different time in our maturity as a country 60 years ago look how black people were treated in the US, or other countries

I certainly disagree with the caste system but look at the reason why it’s done it’s to keep people down, it’s just more obvious that the other ways of keeping people down (see above) it’s all about getting people to stay in their lane me the rich get rich while the poor stay where they are
    I certainly disagree that any decisions made for any country should be based on untasteful parts of their culture, who in our favourare we in the UK to speak about these things with our colonial past and “great” ideas such slavery
    Also why do we feel our way is right, who gave us the right to decide how food was eaten or which religion to believe in and decide to force that opinion on natives around the globe, they have done things their way for centuries and we think we know better and this is why many traditions and lots of knowledge has been lost globally, the history we are fed is whitewashed in our favour

We are just a bit more sophisticated now and make slaves of the middle class, and we still try to enforce a rich get rich and poor stay where they are mentality
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 24-04-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I have a bit of insight into this as I may have mentioned before, but to be honest I am not aware of anything specific to the current goings on as I have had no time to even watch tv or read newspapers at the moment

But one think I will say is that no country just helps another country from the goodness of their heart
    Boris or any other PM is not a Good Samaritan and is not doing this free expecting nothing in return, politics is a dirty game and the UK would be expecting things back too, I am not saying they will benefit the UK but they may benefit large firms our politicians are currently in bed with, like I said politics is dirty and let’s not believe Boris or politicians in general are doing things for our benefit

I have spoken before about why certain wars and conflicts happen it’s about large corporations saddling countries with debt they can never repay for rebuilding infrastructure that we destroyed by bombing the crap out of it, with a view to ensure certain areas are never allowed to start to develop, who needs competition?

So let’s face it part of the reason that the UK is doing anything with India is because there are lots of opportunities there

With regards to the point about lots of billionaires yes there are and like in any country I believe the Uber rich should do more but let’s face it this doesn’t happen anywhere UK USA India Most of Africa China so India are not on their own in this regard
    Plus who will be setting up the links for the big corporations to make money in India? Their billionaires will so why would Boris be pushing them to put their hands in their pockets when he wants their help

If the help we are talking about is Corona related then I agree we should be helping all countries otherwise we all suffer but by we I mean the world not just the UK,

the thing that has always bothered me is that there is a “bank” somewhere right that ultimately owns debts and is creaming it in when things go well and bad for global economies (I am over simplifying I know there isn’t a bank but there is a systematic group of corporations behind this) where are they to help in these type of situations ?

What politics and all countries do is milk the middle to get their funds and that’s why they don’t give a f u c k because guess what if they f u c k up there’s more money there for them to get at next week, or month, or year and who pays? the hard working general public in all countries who are taxed and given scraps to feel a bit better about their lives now and then.

To reference Micks comment about the caste system, there are distasteful things about every country and especially when you look at things historically
    We can’t say this is distasteful because we are a different time in our maturity as a country 60 years ago look how black people were treated in the US, or other countries

I certainly disagree with the caste system but look at the reason why it’s done it’s to keep people down, it’s just more obvious that the other ways of keeping people down (see above) it’s all about getting people to stay in their lane me the rich get rich while the poor stay where they are
    I certainly disagree that any decisions made for any country should be based on untasteful parts of their culture, who in our favourare we in the UK to speak about these things with our colonial past and “great” ideas such slavery
    Also why do we feel our way is right, who gave us the right to decide how food was eaten or which religion to believe in and decide to force that opinion on natives around the globe, they have done things their way for centuries and we think we know better and this is why many traditions and lots of knowledge has been lost globally, the history we are fed is whitewashed in our favour

We are just a bit more sophisticated now and make slaves of the middle class, and we still try to enforce a rich get rich and poor stay where they are mentality

Good post BS and your last sentence is spot on! I agree nobody does anything for nothing but on the Coronavirus side every country will suffer unless global helping each other is in place. If India lets say gets worse ( if that's possible ) for sure we could be back at square one with a deadly variant meaning present vaccinations are not effective. What about other poorer countries?

India is seen in my eyes as the next China for lots of manufacturing and already that's happening slowly so Boris is not stupid with trade offs. Look at most of our talented surgeons in this country ( Indian ) as was my own last year with a difficult operation, so again trade offs.

As for billionaires as you say in any country - nothing will change as without being crude - many amass fortunes on being tight, luck, and being pretty horrible. But are these people any happier in life - NO!

On another note - hope your daughter is OK and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine!

That’s is an interesting take on the subject BaggieSingh and I find there is little, if anything, to disagree with what you say.

Very valid points you’ve made there BS. I’m normally cynical about some of what our government has done since the pandemic but didn’t think much of this with the recent ploy to help and his proposed visit to India.
    I think there is an opportunity for the UK to benefit but these have long been going on like when we give foreign aid. It is almost like a bribery masked up as humanitarian aid or something. However we’ve always had a relationship with India (good and bad) I just hope in this recent one we don’t exploit anybody, rule, law to satisfy someone’s greed.

So do you think we should be helping India or not?

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Very valid points you’ve made there BS. I’m normally cynical about some of what our government has done since the pandemic but didn’t think much of this with the recent ploy to help and his proposed visit to India.
    I think there is an opportunity for the UK to benefit but these have long been going on like when we give foreign aid. It is almost like a bribery masked up as humanitarian aid or something. However we’ve always had a relationship with India (good and bad) I just hope in this recent one we don’t exploit anybody, rule, law to satisfy someone’s greed.
    Definitely won’t happen, most aid doesn’t go to the people who need it
    Never has, look at all the property in London that was bought up by rich Africans after Live Aid money was passed on

Intentions are sometimes correct but abuse will always be there

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    So do you think we should be helping India or not?
    I’m indifferent, India doesn’t need it really and we will only give it if we can leverage a lot more back

Sorry is that’s not the binary yes / no you wanted, but few things in life are

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)