+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: SCOTTISH CUP Stephen Glass’ trophy hunters v Melon’s tangerines

As others have said, if he didn't know before, he certainly knows now just how hopeless this bunch of players is.

Can't see many of them surviving the summer cull. Ramsay looks quite good going forward but has a lot to learn defensively - which is fine, providing he's got players around him to help him learn. Hoban and Considine are far too slow and panicky to handle situations without 3 defensive midfielders shielding them. Hayes might have a part to play, but certainly not as a left back. I'd probably take money for Ferguson to help fund the rebuild. Campbell will still be here but I don't think he'll be a starter as he is just now. McGeouch was a pointless McInnes signing so i think he'll be shifted. I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy is offloaded too as he's a pathetic excuse for a winger. I doubt McLennan will survive either, and McGinn, although still capable of the odd moment of magic, is pretty much done at this level. You can take Lewis as well as he epitomises the mentality we have throughout the team just now. Hopefully Hedges sticks around as he will do well in a more attack minded setup.

We could easily have 7 or 8 new players in the starting 11 next season - I think that will mean bringing in at least 10-12 new faces in total.

Campbell is absolute rank. He is not the type of player we need at Aberdeen. He slows the game down, cannot bring a physical presence onto the pitch and his passing only goes the wrong way.

Our players pass ball as if playing golf & their leg was the putter. They swing & meet the ball at their instep . it then travels at slow speed to the target before fizzling out of power & curling away. Truly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    We could easily have 7 or 8 new players in the starting 11 next season - I think that will mean bringing in at least 10-12 new faces in total.
    Bare minimum required to counter the loser mentality and fragile confidence ingrained in our current set up. Of the current players only Hedges and the young ones such as Ramsay and McKenzie should be kept on. I agree on Ferguson who I do rate as a player but has been infected by the malaise but only if we can get a reasonable sum for him. No one else is up to the task on the evidence on show this year but anyone we can't get shot of should be on the bench only as a worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    As others have said, if he didn't know before, he certainly knows now just how hopeless this bunch of players is.

Can't see many of them surviving the summer cull. Ramsay looks quite good going forward but has a lot to learn defensively - which is fine, providing he's got players around him to help him learn. Hoban and Considine are far too slow and panicky to handle situations without 3 defensive midfielders shielding them. Hayes might have a part to play, but certainly not as a left back. I'd probably take money for Ferguson to help fund the rebuild. Campbell will still be here but I don't think he'll be a starter as he is just now. McGeouch was a pointless McInnes signing so i think he'll be shifted. I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy is offloaded too as he's a pathetic excuse for a winger. I doubt McLennan will survive either, and McGinn, although still capable of the odd moment of magic, is pretty much done at this level. You can take Lewis as well as he epitomises the mentality we have throughout the team just now. Hopefully Hedges sticks around as he will do well in a more attack minded setup.

It's amazing how much Hoban has regressed over the season - he's certainly not putting himself in the shop window.
    Kennedy brings absolutely nothing to the team...in the only period when we were on top today (first 10 mins) he actually took on this full back like a proper winger, got to the bye-line but then cut back as he always does. He must be a delight to play against as you always know what he is going to do. McLennan would be a nightmare to play against as even he doesn't know what he's going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    McLennan would be a nightmare to play against as even he doesn't know what he's going to do.
    Trip up on the ball after his own step over being the best case scenario.

Worrying that the players weren't motivated for this game but were for the midweek Celtic game. The problems at the club run deeper than having poor players, although 6 or 7 need to go in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Trip up on the ball after his own step over being the best case scenario.
    As shyte as McLennan is I would rather have him in the team over Kennedy who looks like he is scared to even try to cross the ball because he knows it’s going to be a dreadful cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Worrying that the players weren't motivated for this game but were for the midweek Celtic game. The problems at the club run deeper than having poor players, although 6 or 7 need to go in the summer.
    In hindsight I think we might’ve been more focused on the Celtic game and overlooked today’s game .

Many raised eyebrows at Melon resting 7 players midweek when they got pumped by Killie but that looked like a stroke of genius this afternoon when you saw their players performance compared to ours .

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    I'm not sure they weren't motivated, I just think they weren't good enough to deal with the demands of the game. The pjms pressed us and our midfield and defence weren't good enough to pass round them, always needing at least two touches to control the ball not giving them time to get themselves out of trouble so always taking the easy option, passing back. Our front men were hopeless at holding up the ball, particularly Kamberi. Hendry is just a headless chicken who doesn't see what is going around him so never sees the best option, even if you could play it. McGinn has lost any pace he once had and isn't a threat to teams any more, same with Hayes., who we cannot play at left back again surely. Ramsey had a poor game but there will be a lot better from him to come, which you can't say about others. Kennedy isn't a winger, games in which he has done well, he is more central, but he has contributed little since coming here. I imagine there will be big changes over the summer.
    I'm afraid 2 new centre halves required for next year. Andy will be a good back up.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast