+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTTISH CUP Stephen Glass’ trophy hunters v Melon’s tangerines

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    This is surely a distinct possibility. It’s an absolute grind fest when the Jutes are involved. Mitigating factors are that they are utter utter utter dog **** and we look like we might actually be moving the needle oh so slightly in the right direction so I’ll say a 1-0 win for the Glass Army.
    Agree NOR that United have turned in some abysmal performances this season but despite this your lot haven't even scored against us. Reading this forum this season, Aberdeen fans haven't been overly impressed with some of the dross your team have produced. Agree that it will be a tight game and MM will no doubt set us up to dig in and try and hit on the break.

We should win this - but it won’t be by much as we’re still pretty pish.

The jooot are absolute dog shyte though, which makes our record against them this year shamefully embarrassing for all involved, but I think we’ve improved enough to deal with them this time.

At least we have the chance to correct our truly horrendous record against a utterly dreadful side.

1-0 Dons - Jenkins....

Is it just me, or are we seeing Glass. giving a home grown legend ( Simmie) a more deserved and prominent role ?
    Why was he kept in background under previous management team ??
    His enthusiasm and love for everything AFC is infectious, and probably one of the best unsung heroes ever for AFC.

He also has excellent knowledge of all young guys coming through

Might be wrong thread for this , but I think it is another thing that should have been done long ago .

This will be an Anne Widicombe of a game.
    Just like their glory years, these will come and be fu ck ing horrible to watch, goal side, organised, negative, counter.

We're still pretty horse, in spite of the new gaffer bounce (such as it is).
    We'll dominate possession, create fuc k all, struggle in the last third.

Best thing for the game would be us to get an early goal.
    If the Jooooot score first, that'll be that.

I'll take a plug win of any sort.

I can’t remember much about the previous games against Dundee Utd this season other than the fact we dominated them and certainly the first couple we had plenty chances to score.

I think with the new found confidence we seem to have and if we keep getting players forward in numbers like we have in the last couple games, we should win this game in 90minutes.

It’s hard to tell whether the last couple results are just down to new manager bounce (just trying harder to impress the new boss) or if it’s down to new confidence and philosophy thats slowly being instilled. If it’s the former then it could fizzle out at any point - if it’s the latter we should be ok for the rest of the season.

Young Ramsay playing, good to get another look at him.
    I think it's him for McRorie otherwise unchanged.

I can feel a semi coming on !

fnarrr, fnarr...

First time I've heard Micky Mellon speak. Fair play for not losing his accent at all.

COYR get right into the pjms

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast