Well, will we turn up tomorrow? Even after our grafted win against Fleetwood, I'm not necessarily looking forward to the game. I worry that it may be another Wigan. It's a game that the Alex of the first 4 months of the season should have no problem. However, as we all know, the last 4 months have produced a feeling that we will probably lose or scrape a draw. Whatever, the spectacle won't be anything like we experienced earlier in the season. Yet, Rochdale play 3 at the back and an on form Kirk and Dale should have a great time dragging their CBs out of position. Key words "on-form". Hopefully, after being dropped, Charlie will come desperate to impress and put in a performance (but will he?).
What formation will we play? We've had a number of set ups recently: 4-4-2; 3-4-3; 4-3-3 but these keep changing. Rochdale have 5 in the middle so should we try and match them? or simply play our own (?) game. If I were more confident about the players playing to their full ability then I would say we play our own game of 4-3-3 with Mandron spearheading and Dale and Kirk on the wing and maybe Lowery getting forward or even Murph getting on the scoresheet. If we had the original Wintle we could be spreading the ball all over the place pulling their defence this way and that. However, there is no guarantee we'll get any of that.
So conclusion? If it was the best Alex I'd say 3-1. The worst Alex 0-2. The grafting Alex 2-2. That's as definitive as I feel I can be.