+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale

Rochdale

Well, will we turn up tomorrow? Even after our grafted win against Fleetwood, I'm not necessarily looking forward to the game. I worry that it may be another Wigan. It's a game that the Alex of the first 4 months of the season should have no problem. However, as we all know, the last 4 months have produced a feeling that we will probably lose or scrape a draw. Whatever, the spectacle won't be anything like we experienced earlier in the season. Yet, Rochdale play 3 at the back and an on form Kirk and Dale should have a great time dragging their CBs out of position. Key words "on-form". Hopefully, after being dropped, Charlie will come desperate to impress and put in a performance (but will he?).
    What formation will we play? We've had a number of set ups recently: 4-4-2; 3-4-3; 4-3-3 but these keep changing. Rochdale have 5 in the middle so should we try and match them? or simply play our own (?) game. If I were more confident about the players playing to their full ability then I would say we play our own game of 4-3-3 with Mandron spearheading and Dale and Kirk on the wing and maybe Lowery getting forward or even Murph getting on the scoresheet. If we had the original Wintle we could be spreading the ball all over the place pulling their defence this way and that. However, there is no guarantee we'll get any of that.
    So conclusion? If it was the best Alex I'd say 3-1. The worst Alex 0-2. The grafting Alex 2-2. That's as definitive as I feel I can be.

I’m really not too worried about today to be perfectly honest. Of course I want to see us back to our free flowing best, and ‘Dale’s leaky defence suggests it should be an open game with plenty of chances, possibly for both sides. 4-2 to the Alex, although if it’s a decent game and we lose I’m not going to be desperately upset as I think they are a well run club that like to play football in the right way and would love to see them stay up. Sadly I don’t think they are likely to, and certainly not if they lose today. To be clear before anyone jumps on that, I still want the Alex to win, of course, and the more goals the merrier.

Well... Beckles and Wintle NOT playing. Lancashire and Daniels is a new partnership. At least Daniels is in the position he wants to be in. Its also a nice warm sunny day so hopefully Charlie is up for it😎

Looks like the manager is seeing how the players cope with yet another different formation, and so far the answer is not very well! I reckon we will see us revert to a Back 4 before too long at this rate.

Certainly hope so, that was pretty poor.

It is awful! We're outnumbered in midfield. Why isn't Dale playing??? It's all really worrying. Is this the same group of players we started the season with? They look like they've never met

Dale carrying a slight injury he got right at the end Tuesday night apparently.

F***! Beckles not been on a minute slips let's their player through, Lancashire out of position and slow to react and finally Jaskelainen hesitates and doesn't come out fast enough. Sums up the defence since January. Hate to say it but the Alex only picked up when Wintle took up his normal position.
    One final point: when are the Alex going to start playing in proper football boots? I mean granted, they're very nice colours and that but shouldn't they be wearing something that helps them stay on their feet?
    Kirk several times, Evans twice, Wintle, Madron, Lowery, Beckles and Daniels all slipped, many of them at crucial times. Today was bad but this is not a new phenomenon. Look into Dave!
    By the Madron for MOTM.

Well that game is easy to describe- AWFUL. Not one ounce of football once again.

MOTM I propose any supporter viewing that rubbish who managed to stay awake.

A truly forgettable 90+ minutes. You’d be forgiven if you thought it was an end of season testimonial match and not that they desperately need 3 points. Didn’t look a pen to me so a justified outcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast