+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Leeds United - v - Manchester United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Harrison is a strange one - almost it’s as if his brain gets overloaded and freezes rather than being instinctive. Shame as he has talent but definitely something is wrong - maybe confidence or just overthinking things rather than playing what he sees.

To be fair on Harrison he has publicly stated that he has sought the help of a psychologist to help him battle through periods of poor form and fitness issues.I think more has been asked from him for the team of late and it's just not been working for him yet.

He's excellent at making use of space in behind and combining with the midfield and Bamfords movements.He has specific tasks in a demanding system particularly when Leeds send long diagonal balls out wide to wingers when they occupy positions high up the pitch and he is very good at making runs in behind the opposition defensive line and creates chances from spaces ran into.

Of late he obviously has been pegged back deeper and more has been asked from his defensive duties as teams know his attacking movements well and know his Bielsa defensive team role is an area that he'll have to work harder at as that is an area the team can struggle with at times which Bielsa will know.As ever hopefully better players around will help iron out his learning curve hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    To be fair on Harrison he has publicly stated that he has sought the help of a psychologist to help him battle through periods of poor form and fitness issues.I think more has been asked from him for the team of late and it's just not been working for him yet.

He's excellent at making use of space in behind and combining with the midfield and Bamfords movements.He has specific tasks in a demanding system particularly when Leeds send long diagonal balls out wide to wingers when they occupy positions high up the pitch and he is very good at making runs in behind the opposition defensive line and creates chances from spaces ran into.

Of late he obviously has been pegged back deeper and more has been asked from his defensive duties as teams know his attacking movements well and know his Bielsa defensive team role is an area that he'll have to work harder at as that is an area the team can struggle with at times which Bielsa will know.As ever hopefully better players around will help iron out his learning curve hopefully.
    Don’t disagree but often he freezes when in attacking positions and needs to cross the ball early or beat his man but he just becomes slightly paralysed with indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Don’t disagree but often he freezes when in attacking positions and needs to cross the ball early or beat his man but he just becomes slightly paralysed with indecision.
    Not so sure about freezing, more a case of overthinking. Those occasions where he does as you say, crosses early and by instinct, more often than not come off, either as assist to goal, or at least making defences work and creating indecision on their part. Once he pauses, and tries to take on the world, things go awry more frequently and you can see how frustrated he gets when dispossessed etc.

Not an exact comparison, but my daughter became almost catatonic with anxiety when preparing for a job interview, my advice, "think less, do more" (aka , don't sweat the small stuff". No psychologist, but it worked for her, maybe it could for Harrison!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not so sure about freezing, more a case of overthinking. Those occasions where he does as you say, crosses early and by instinct, more often than not come off, either as assist to goal, or at least making defences work and creating indecision on their part. Once he pauses, and tries to take on the world, things go awry more frequently and you can see how frustrated he gets when dispossessed etc.

Not an exact comparison, but my daughter became almost catatonic with anxiety when preparing for a job interview, my advice, "think less, do more" (aka , don't sweat the small stuff". No psychologist, but it worked for her, maybe it could for Harrison!
    I did my share of interviewing people for jobs/promotion, a lot of people struggle but they often turn out to be the best people; the occasional one who comes in full of it and using all the buzz words invariably turns out to be a total @@@@ - it was better when we were allowed to go off script to help get the best out of the candidates but HR tightened up and wanted to see a set list of questions pre-interviews. Hopefully your daughter is set up with her new post; if she has to do another one tell her to be herself, that's what people want to see, frauds get found out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I did my share of interviewing people for jobs/promotion, a lot of people struggle but they often turn out to be the best people; the occasional one who comes in full of it and using all the buzz words invariably turns out to be a total @@@@ - it was better when we were allowed to go off script to help get the best out of the candidates but HR tightened up and wanted to see a set list of questions pre-interviews. Hopefully your daughter is set up with her new post; if she has to do another one tell her to be herself, that's what people want to see, frauds get found out eventually.
    She got the job, (not sure it had anything to do with me!), stayed with it until Covid hit then made redundant, then got back into work (job she really felt good about), so all good! Thanks for the best wishes.

Used to conduct a lot of interviews and have had many hours of psychological analysis for my illness.
    Interviewing involves the gathering of information over a short period usually one or two sessions.Psychology counselling is a more intensive and personal process which requires a longer commitment but is worth it in finding ones true self.

I agree with CB & WTF and also what Pep said on TV earlier this evening on Man City's mindsets of two halves.
    Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola tonight after beating PSG."Sometimes you need to be more relaxed and be ourselves. The first half is normal - you don't want to lose the ball [so] you don't play free. We changed a little in the way we press. We were passive [earlier on]. Then we were more aggressive. It's not easy against Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.

Think Jack Harrison just needs to learn how to loosen up and utilise his playing skills as he has an understanding Manager,team mates and supporters around him to succeed constantly at PL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Used to conduct a lot of interviews and have had many hours of psychological analysis for my illness.
    Interviewing involves the gathering of information over a short period usually one or two sessions.Psychology counselling is a more intensive and personal process which requires a longer commitment but is worth it in finding ones true self.

I agree with CB & WTF and also what Pep said on TV earlier this evening on Man City's mindsets of two halves.
    Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola tonight after beating PSG."Sometimes you need to be more relaxed and be ourselves. The first half is normal - you don't want to lose the ball [so] you don't play free. We changed a little in the way we press. We were passive [earlier on]. Then we were more aggressive. It's not easy against Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.

Think Jack Harrison just needs to learn how to loosen up and utilise his playing skills as he has an understanding Manager,team mates and supporters around him to succeed constantly at PL level.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    She got the job, (not sure it had anything to do with me!), stayed with it until Covid hit then made redundant, then got back into work (job she really felt good about), so all good! Thanks for the best wishes.
    Good to hear

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)