+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: SSBs (a) 25th April SC Quarters

I'm in the shouldn't be posting on here camp, there are plenty forums for fans of diff clubs to co exist and banter for guys like Teddy, generally though the main forums for a club dont have other fans posting, imo utd mad is the main utd fan forum

So can understand some posters leaving due to it

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Regarding Peter Backie and Teddy Mare I think there's an element of us being friendly, interesting, decent banter without the nasty stuff you often see on other boards so it's a good place for them to come. One of each is plenty though.
    Peter is definitely a closet Arab wouldn't be surprised if the Sevco boy is too.
    I think if they keep their posts on topic and avoid trolling it's ok, just my input maybe not the majority view.

WASC 🧡
    Ye, I agree all the way with this and I'd also like to add that I agree with JJ and GUNBOAT re the binning of threads. I don't think it necessarily clogs up the thread page. There was 2 binned threads but there is 20 on the page so I'm not seeing how it's a necessity to merge them on to other threads ?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm in the shouldn't be posting on here camp, there are plenty forums for fans of diff clubs to co exist and banter for guys like Teddy, generally though the main forums for a club dont have other fans posting, imo utd mad is the main utd fan forum

So can understand some posters leaving due to it
    Can't speak for other clubs but the other main Utd forum (Eastfootball) has fans of other teams posting on it. It has two Funsters and a Livi fan who all post regularly, especially one of the Funsters. Why anyone would want to post anywhere but their own clubs message board is something I'll never understand tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Can't speak for other clubs but the other main Utd forum (Eastfootball) has fans of other teams posting on it. It has two Funsters and a Livi fan who all post regularly, especially one of the Funsters. Why anyone would want to post anywhere but their own clubs message board is something I'll never understand tbh.
    EF is run by dundee fan and was setup for fans of all east coast clubs but is almost only utd fans now. there is one long term poster who is a dundee fan and is acually a mod, and another funster who is the resident nutjob troll(more to be laughed at than pitied)

We seem to be focusing on petermackie and Teddy Bear - probably because they are the most frequent posters of those who support other clubs. I have no problem with either them posting on here. I've had a bit of chat with peter and, while we're never likely to agree on much, he is capable of a reasonable conversation.

I don't think Teddy Bear likes me very much, possibly due to the my bringing up certain allegations against his club. I think too much focus was given to the nature of the alleged offences, which was not my intention - I was more interested in his club's official response to the allegations. He doesn't post anything threatening, abusive or offensive. I haven't seen him post anything sectarian, although he apparently has used the word "filth" in reference to another SPL club. having said that, I'm pretty sure someone posted a quote from across the road where someone referred to us as "the filth" - do we care? I don't - water off a ducks back. I don't recall anyone making a big deal about that. For the most part, I would say Teddy Bear's posts are entirely football focussed so can't see a problem with that.

I'm generally ok with anyone posting here, regardless of which club they support, as long as they are not being abusive and coming on purely to be annoying or confrontational.

I do have a problem with the dross guy from across the road as I believe he was coming here with the sole intention of being annoying, but I also believe he was sharing his ill-informed opinion and spreading potentially dangerous mis-information about the virus. I have made my feelings about this known to the board and had a response from a moderator. While I don't agree with their stance on this, I do accept it and I move on. Thankfully he hasn't made himself known on here for a while.

Can someone please explain to me why it matters what team someone supports.

If they have something to say, be it funny, boring, offensive or whatever, I'll judge them on what they have to say, not what team they support.

I’ve never engaged with him because i’ve No real interest in what he has to say, I just Come on to chat Utd, doesn’t fuss me he is on here either though, generally i quite like getting perspective of fans from different clubs. Bottom line is just choose to ignore him if it bothers you that much, not really worth getting your knickers in a twist.

The idea of banning someone from a football forum because they support a different team is weird.

I got banned for derailing threads, just saying like 🙄😋😂

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    The idea of banning someone from a football forum because they support a different team is weird.
    I agree 100%, but that’s not why people were wanting TeddyBear removed.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)