+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Monoculars

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’d love to see this outside my house

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56819018
    See those all the time in my garden MT.

Regarding birds, For the past few weeks I've sat and watched a US Robin build a nest in a bush just outside the window where I sit to work (aka post on MM). Yesterday there was an almighty kerfuffle as a dirty big black (not being racist) Crow decided to pay a visit as I assume there are eggs in there now. The little Robin and her mate put up a big fight and along with me yelling "F&%k Off" at the top of my voice the Crow departed. Hopefully it won't be back but I'm not confident.

Haven't seen any Hummingbirds recently but I'm sure they will be back soon. We have been advised to take down our Hummingbird feeders as they attract the Murder Hornets.

I hope Robin got permission, from the lady to build a nest in her bush.

Down the pastures at Mexborough, bird watchers built hides to see the different birds,
    visiting the wetland there.
    But at night I was told, that the car park was used for dogging sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Seeing how the football season is coming to an end and summer will soon be upon us, just wondered, is anyone into ornithology? Actually it's a great time to be out and about as it's mating/nesting season for some birds.

Just received my 40x60 monoculars, yes I bought several one for myself and others as gifts.

Absolutely amazed at the clarity and distance viewing. Bearing in mind I'm in Brinsworth, from my bedroom window I can clearly see Hoober Stand and that is approximately 7.7 miles away....outstanding!

Also bought the attachment to fix my mobile to the monocular, in order to take great shots. I recently got my Canon E60D out for a walk around Wentworth and, I forgot just how heavy it was with all the lenses etc. This will make a decent change for a while

Looking forward to taking this little number on my fishing trips for close ups of the wildlife etc.
    handy spotting scope . all you need now is a decent rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    handy spotting scope . all you need now is a decent rifle.
    I own an Air Arms .177, a couple of shotguns and a Ruger .257 Roberts with a 6-42 Swarovski sight. It's a lovely gun and could kill an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I own an Air Arms .177, a couple of shotguns and a Ruger .257 Roberts with a 6-42 Swarovski sight. It's a lovely gun and could kill an elephant.
    off to Chester zoo then?

Wow! That would be so nice to see when you opened your door.

NB CAM. You lucky bugger seeing that in your garden most days.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    See those all the time in my garden MT.

Regarding birds, For the past few weeks I've sat and watched a US Robin build a nest in a bush just outside the window where I sit to work (aka post on MM). Yesterday there was an almighty kerfuffle as a dirty big black (not being racist) Crow decided to pay a visit as I assume there are eggs in there now. The little Robin and her mate put up a big fight and along with me yelling "F&%k Off" at the top of my voice the Crow departed. Hopefully it won't be back but I'm not confident.

Haven't seen any Hummingbirds recently but I'm sure they will be back soon. We have been advised to take down our Hummingbird feeders as they attract the Murder Hornets.
    Lucky git.
    Yes I’ve also used the words **** off to which I think the whole street heard because I went outside but it was a cat who got to a nest and broke the eggs
    We don’t have them bushes now just a few trees in front garden that I haven’t seen a nest in yet

I see these fairly frequently in my backyard. Deer follow regular daily paths and they come through here because we have a creek where they can drink. My garden is divided into two parts with an 8’ deer fence separating the cultivated part from a natural area so its great for wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I see these fairly frequently in my backyard. Deer follow regular daily paths and they come through here because we have a creek where they can drink. My garden is divided into two parts with an 8’ deer fence separating the cultivated part from a natural area so its great for wildlife.
    You lucky person.....beautiful to try and envisage, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Currently got 2 Muscovy ducks sat on front lawn

Ugly buggers
    Look after them Grist , they have a wonderful temperament. Used to be a resident one where I fish and many a day kept me company in return for a few fish pellets, unfortunately a fox did for it .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast