+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Monoculars

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Look after them Grist , they have a wonderful temperament. Used to be a resident one where I fish and many a day kept me company in return for a few fish pellets, unfortunately a fox did for it .
    My house is about 100 yards from a biggish lake. So there are Canada geese, Greylags, Swans, coot, moorhen, mallards, tufted duck and occasionally a heron. Last year we had a mandarin duck ( just the one)

Due to the overpopulation of Canada geese natural food for them is scarce so they go on the march and camp out on my and my neighbours front lawns. Regularly get mallards there and as I said, recently the Muscovy ducks.

I think the muscovy’s were dumped there overnight by somebody that got fed up of them, I don’t think they flew in.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    See those all the time in my garden MT.

Regarding birds, For the past few weeks I've sat and watched a US Robin build a nest in a bush just outside the window where I sit to work (aka post on MM). Yesterday there was an almighty kerfuffle as a dirty big black (not being racist) Crow decided to pay a visit as I assume there are eggs in there now. The little Robin and her mate put up a big fight and along with me yelling "F&%k Off" at the top of my voice the Crow departed. Hopefully it won't be back but I'm not confident.

Haven't seen any Hummingbirds recently but I'm sure they will be back soon. We have been advised to take down our Hummingbird feeders as they attract the Murder Hornets.
    I thought the crow was bad but yesterday had one of these trying to get at the young robins. A Northern Goshawk, never seen one before but quite a magnificent sight when it's on the attack just 4' outside your window. Wish I'd had my camera handy as it decided to sit atop our bird table for a couple of minutes.

Name:  Goshawk.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  67.4 KB

Cool pic

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Cool pic
    Yes but not one I took unfortunately. When it first swooped down I thought it was an owl as I just caught the size of it's wingspan and the 'spottedness'. It was only when it perched on top of the bird table I noticed it was a hawk of some kind, thought at first it was a kestrel but then realised it was a bit bigger (about 18") than the one on Casper's arm in Kes

Yes but not one I took unfortunately. When it first swooped down I thought it was an owl as I just caught the size of it's wingspan and the 'spottedness'. It was only when it perched on top of the bird table I noticed it was a hawk of some kind, thought at first it was a kestrel but then realised it was a bit bigger (about 18") than the one on Casper's arm in Kes
    Yes Cam I can see why you thought it was an owl, was going to say good pic until I read your reply to grist

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes Cam I can see why you thought it was an owl, was going to say good pic until I read your reply to grist
    Here's one I did take of a guy sat on my fence last year.

Name:  DSC_6812C.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  99.1 KB

Both majestic looking birds.

Here's one I did take of a guy sat on my fence last year.

Name:  DSC_6812C.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  99.1 KB

Great pic

Bought a monocular delivered this week, taking it to Lytham St Annes & using it
    to find the sea.
    Got different sets of binoculars, but thought I'll try a monocular.

So then guys

What make and model is recommended?

Needs to fit on smart phone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast