+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Monoculars

Thanks Brin/ELK

I'll have look

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    California and Arizona?
    😄

I had a couple of 60ft conifers taken down this year and discovered the birdboxes in them had not been used over the years. "Not surprised this one's not been used," I thought, "it's busted". So I held it together with Gorilla tape and temporarily stuck it on a garden wall by the shed while I got round to fixing it. Within a couple of days a wren had started building a nest in it. It finished it but the wren never nested in it so I thought he'd fallen victim to one of the magpies or cats which roam our garden but then discovered they can build up to 10 prospective nests, then the female chooses which one she fancies. Obviously ours was not up to scratch.Name:  Wrenbox(w).jpg
Views: 184
Size:  72.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I had a couple of 60ft conifers taken down this year and discovered the birdboxes in them had not been used over the years. "Not surprised this one's not been used," I thought, "it's busted". So I held it together with Gorilla tape and temporarily stuck it on a garden wall by the shed while I got round to fixing it. Within a couple of days a wren had started building a nest in it. It finished it but the wren never nested in it so I thought he'd fallen victim to one of the magpies or cats which roam our garden but then discovered they can build up to 10 prospective nests, then the female chooses which one she fancies. Obviously ours was not up to scratch.Name:  Wrenbox(w).jpg
    The Wren probably thought “ there goes the neighbourhood”

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Probably thought Billy Bodget did his nest repair, & moved on to a better build.

Or thought “ feck me I’m not living next to that giant spider”

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, type in starscope monocular in google and you’ll see it. This one comes with its own mini tri pod stand and can attach to any mobile but you’ll have to buy that piece separate.
    I paid £10.89 for the monocular with free postage.
    Item - 40x60 monocular telescope phone camera zoom starscope hiking tripod tools.
    Smart phone adaptor, Tripod.

Item - 1 x 40x60 scope / 1 x Tripod / 1 x Phone holder / 1 Lens cloth / 1 x storage bag / 1 x Hand strap
    Magnification : 10 times - Field of view : 120m / 1000m - Night-vision

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I paid £10.89 for the monocular with free postage.
    Item - 40x60 monocular telescope phone camera zoom starscope hiking tripod tools.
    Smart phone adaptor, Tripod.

Item - 1 x 40x60 scope / 1 x Tripod / 1 x Phone holder / 1 Lens cloth / 1 x storage bag / 1 x Hand strap
    Magnification : 10 times - Field of view : 120m / 1000m - Night-vision
    ELK are you sure about the price for that lot?

Seems a very low price

Yes thats what I paid Brin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast