+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fair play Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    for me, I think, after the Brighton performance, the players took a look at themselves, And I don't think it's any coincidence that the overall attitude has improved since Ritchie came back in.

Mind, on that note, I am prepared to give him credit for playing Ritchie after what happened between them

i need a lie down now!
    I have said all along that it isnt only Bruces fault. Players are at blame too. Bad tactics and play was only Bruces fault? Now when its turning around its credit for the players? Thats kind of double standards?

Sorry, he's a phoney always has been. Even if he saw the error of his ways and begged forgiveness from the fans and led us to the promised land I'd still think he was dick.

A stopped clock is right twice a day. Bruce has a long way to go to get any credit from me. He’s been nothing short of a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    I have said all along that it isnt only Bruces fault. Players are at blame too. Bad tactics and play was only Bruces fault? Now when its turning around its credit for the players? Thats kind of double standards?
    Not at all.

I genuinely think that the better performances-what few we've had-have been more about the players raising themselves whilst the many poor ones have seen the players hamstrung by Bruce's selections and tactics. I think they've collectively bandied together and played above themselves.

Maybe he does get it right sometimes-like last night-but the overwhelming evidence is that he's a poor manager-and not just with us-his record is the worst of any PL manager with over 300 games whose style of play is far too defensive and negative and relies on one or two flair players/stars to get him out of a hole.

I agree that the players need their share of the criticism but they needed to pull their fingers out...and they did.

I posted a long list of the reasons why Bruce has too much to do to win back most fans on a thread the other day and at the top of that list was him having a go at the fans. For me, he's crossed the Rubicon and the only shame is that he didn't fall in.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    I think I know what you mean, but does it really have to be that black and white? As in; lose = Bruce's fault, win = Bruce's credit? Or players' fault/credit?

Obviously the answer lies somewhere in between.

Of course Bruce had to do some tactical tweaks to get the team to perform again, like reintroducing Ritchie to the team. If you want to give him credit for that, then credit comes easy I guess - as Bruce had no other option then to do exactly that as everything he had done up until that point had failed miserably.

Everything good with Bruce at the helm comes as a result of something negative which he is to be blamed for in the first place. With a proper manager, with a vision and an idea of man management, we would be streets ahead of where we are, even with the current roster.

For ****s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    For ****s sake.
    Yes thats the spirit!

Listen to his little appearance on Talkshěte this morning and then think again those that want to give him credit.

He's looking for sympathy.

Credit for what exactly? Getting us whupped off Brighton home and away, humped off Sheffield United who were relegated weeks ago, beaten easily by Brentford, 2 wins in something like 22 games.

Continuing to play Joglinton. Dropping Matt Ritchie, both of which have been proved to be wrong.

With him at 'The Helm' with his band of merry men, we'll having the same thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Listen to his little appearance on Talkshěte this morning and then think again those that want to give him credit.
    Was just going to post that, Geordie....blaming the fans and their ridiculous expectations again.

Tell you what, you melted-faced twat-ask yourself why Rafa was loved after finishes of 18th, 10th and 13th and look at 50 000 crowds 65 years after our last domestic trophy and stick your expectations up your fat, lying, looking-for-excuses arse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)