+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Not cut out for this level I’m afraid. It’s not the game I grew up with I am afraid and after 55 years I am finished with it. I just can’t take any more of this. All we have been speaking about these last 3 days is the ref. and that isn’t right. Irrespective of our inadequacies in front of goal we have actually been cheated in 2 games running now and this is not sport, it is win at all costs by fair means or foul. For your manager to say he didn’t see it is inexcusable and the sycophantic reporters who do not ask the right questions. Fed up of being treated like a mushroom.
    Thanks for the memories but following laying my mother to rest last week my final connection to the town is now lost.
    I have kicked every ball for us ever since I was a lad but I just can’t do it any more.
    If we go down, which is odds on, i too will stop the season ticket money up front, we seem to show now ambition and just do things on the cheap. I will pick games with the weather and "can't be ar5ed mood". Watched them since 1962.........and sad end indeed.

I am sorry for being emotional. It’s 4am and I am still fuming. My gripe is with the authorities and the disgraceful performance of referees .

Sure we should have won today but we created a stack of chances .On another day they go in. However Barnsley would not have scored if they had not been given a goal as a result of a second consecutive bungling of a performance by an inept official. Odd that Matt was sent off for apparently endangering the opposition player yet at Barnsley their player leads with an elbow and fractured our goalies eye socket but he awards a goal. I thought I was dreaming. I dreamt it was Nat Lofthouse clattering the goalkeeper and the ball into the net in the 1958 cup final. Thing is, especially to the guy aptly named Warnock - no not Neil, on Quest earlier who said there was nothing wrong with it I would just like to say “ THIS AINT 1958”. And no, it wouldn’t have been allowed 10 years ago as you wrongly informed the assembled throng.

Besides this made Nat Lofthouse goal look like he was shaking hands. I would like to think that Morris didn’t intend it, but he knew what he had done. His expression was there for all to see.

No the sickener for me is that it is not ok for him or his manager to say we got the win and it will all be forgotten in a couple of weeks. No it won’t.

You got the win through foul means just like the player who dives to the floor as though polaxed in the penalty area to get a pen. The difference here is that he, unlike the diver, injured a fellow player with a direct elbow to the face, intentionally or not. Jeff Stelling called it GBH.

The records show that you won 1-0. Just remember what Bielsa, the Leeds Manager instructed his team to do when they scored an unjust goal a couple of years ago. He showed true class and it was terrific. His class has shown through as evidenced by his skills in developing an exciting Leeds team. That season it cost his side promotion but he did the right thing. True class and humility, none of which was on display during or after that incident yesterday afternoon.
    Just remember for clubs like us and Barnsley, football is cyclical, but the win at all costs mentality will lose friends who you must remember you will meet again on the way back down.

As for the referees from the last two games they should not be allowed to referee at this level ever again, and certainly not in our games.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 25-04-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12