+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brinny boy, these are desperate times...

Brinny boy, these are desperate times...

and desperate measures are required.

Shark27...has pointed out we have failed the millers in recent weeks. We have not done our duty. It is time to stand up and be counted and to do what we do best before every game.

1, 2, 3, 4

" Virgil Caine is my name...."

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Shark27...has pointed out we have failed the millers in recent weeks. We have not done our duty. It is time to stand up and be counted and to do what we do best before every game.

1, 2, 3, 4

and I served on the Danville train...

That's better. Give it a blast on Tuesday to give us some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

1, 2, 3, 4

I'm here IBS! One last rousing chorus to see the boys home heh...

.....and I drove on the Danville train.
    'til so much cavalry came and tore up the tracks again,
    In the winter of '65 we were hungry, just barely alive,
    I took the train to Richmond that fell,
    It was a time I remember oh so well.......

All together now....... 'The night they drove old Dixie down and all the bells were ringin'......

The night they drove old Dixie down, and the people were singing

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I'm here IBS! One last rousing chorus to see the boys home heh...

.....and I drove on the Danville train.
    'til so much cavalry came and tore up the tracks again,
    In the winter of '65 we were hungry, just barely alive,
    I took the train to Richmond that fell,
    It was a time I remember oh so well.......

All together now....... 'The night they drove old Dixie down and all the bells were ringin'......

yeeeeeeeeeehaw

Back with my wife in Tennessee
    When one day she called to me
    "Virgil, quick, come see,
    There goes Robert E. Lee!"
    Now, I don't mind chopping wood
    And I don't care if the money's no good
    You take what you need
    And you leave the rest
    But they should never
    Have taken the very best
    The night they drove old Dixie down
    And the bells were ringing
    The night they drove old Dixie down

Great effort fellas.....loud and proud before Brentford

Last time you put these lyrics up you made the obvious error of all morons who don't actually know anything about the American Civil War. You stated "Stonewall's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again..." Stonewall Jackson was a Confederate general who was killed at Chancellorsville two years prior to these events. The actual line states "Stoneman's cavalry..." and refers to the raid by Union general George Stoneman against Danville in 1865.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Last time you put these lyrics up you made the obvious error of all morons who don't actually know anything about the American Civil War. You stated "Stonewall's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again..." Stonewall Jackson was a Confederate general who was killed at Chancellorsville two years prior to these events. The actual line states "Stoneman's cavalry..." and refers to the raid by Union general George Stoneman against Danville in 1865.
    Indeed, and there was always the problem that most of the railways in the confederacy were a different gauge so their wagons couldn’t use Union track

Maybe Danville was chosen because it was the last of the confederacy’s capitals?

To whom are you referring this post to?

I expect you to be in fine voice on Tuesday Wendun. If there are enough of us singing the Stoneman will drown out the Stonewall. Come on Wendun, give us a blast. After 3.

1,2,3.. Virgil Cain is the name,
    And I served on the Danville train..........

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I expect you to be in fine voice on Tuesday Wendun. If there are enough of us singing the Stoneman will drown out the Stonewall. Come on Wendun, give us a blast. After 3.

1,2,3.. Virgil Cain is the name,
    And I served on the Danville train..........
    Shark get the words right or it may not help...it's 'and I DROVE on the Danville train'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast