The highlight of losing yesterday means this season is officially in the bin. Thank goodness - it is without doubt the least enjoyable campaign I can remember, not because we were rubbish but because the squad has been the least relatable/most dislikeable I think we've ever had. There's been no doubt the circumstances of the pandemic have contributed to the apathy of the whole thing and not having fans at games has highlighted the negative while removing some of the enjoyment of watching a middling team. Hopefully that'll be behind us soon, if not from from the very start of next season.

But the club, I think, need to re-set to start again from next term to get everyone on board - and I don't just mean reworking the first team squad, as big an undertaking as that is.

The logic of marketing ourselves as a successful selling club to get better prospects, sell them for money, repeat the cycle was fine when it worked and we were playing well - admirable even, when you look at envious comments from other clubs' fans on neutral forums. But fans don't like having our limited status shouted from the rooftops even if they know it's true. We have created a squad where several don't even disguise they are/were only passing through and unless you're delivering like Moult, Skippy etc in doing so that will not end well. Curiously - on about 1,000-times the scale - Borussia Dortmund have developed the same problem. By all means keep showing off 'personalised marketing strategies' to signing targets but keep it off social media.

Speaking of which...the amazing #content which gets produced has to be more flexible relating to first team performances. Again it's understandable these guys are just doing a job with numbers to hit - and a target market which is not our 5,000 core fans or whatever - but if this starts antagonizing the core something is wrong. Leave the #content to expand our brand wherever when appropriate but cater to the core too - less crap about 'we go again', more highlights and info about the reserves/youths.

The manager (in general - I'm excusing GA for now on a needs must basis) has to be told in no uncertain terms that setting out to play like Robinson frequently did or we have in the last months as the default plan is unacceptable. Unless it brings third or a trophy, any short-term gains from results is more than outweighed by the trouble as soon as it inevitable goes wrong.

Finally there should be some vision again of where we want to go, why and how we intend to get there. In this the club has actually been a victim of its own success as were we a yo-yo side like St Mirren etc it'd be much easier. But give targets from the community stuff engagement to WS numbers to how often we should be at Hampden or in Europe. Another bizarre twist in perception is that this season has been a misery but (almost) everyone accepts that these things are cyclical - if you say that one bad season in five is reasonable yet in it we still finish eighth, which remarkably is still possible, that actually speaks volumes for the club's medium-term strength as grim as those months are. But it needs to be shown in that context and with viable paths to improvement.

No doubt there are other comments...it should be a busy summer on and off the pitch.