+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Johnstone

Sam Johnstone

Get rid ASAP

The bloke is a liability if he’s worth 10m 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Get rid ASAP

The bloke is a liability if he’s worth 10m 🤬
    Ridiculous post. He had an excellent match today, let down by Bartley for the goal.

Yes, it was a 'cock up' between Johnstone and Bartley. However, I think that both of them have been two of our our most consistent players over the season. Everybody seems to rave about Pereira and he was excellent yesterday but he has been anonymous in far too many games.
    Football can be a very cruel game at times, as it was for us yesterday, but it wasn't yesterday's result or the last dozen or so results that have done for us. It was the awful performances prior to SA taking over that have caused our demise. The first few performances under SA were also poor but that is his way. Every club that he has been successful with have started badly but then get it together. His acquisition of Maitland-Niles, Yakuslu and Diagne made a huge difference and I'm convinced that if we had them, plus Snodgrass, for the whole of the season, we would have avoided relegation.

Bartley was the one that got to the ball, he should have just ‘got rid’! He’s been good of late, though, we all make mistakes, it was the poor performances earlier in the season that have cost us.

Rule of thumb in those situations is that the player first to the ball in such a dangerous situation deals with it.

That means “cleaning it out”.......you get rid into Row Z.

I remember four years ago at the start of our relegation season under Pullis, we won our first two games of the season and with time running out we were beating Stoke 1-0 and about to go top of the league with 9 points from 3 games.

We then had a similar incident between Hegazi and Foster where Hegazi just needed to boot it clear but he farted about and it ended up as one those “after you Claude” moments and Crouch nipped in to score.

I said after that match that we’d rue that goal.

Confidence quickly evaporated and we went months without winning again!

It’s such a no brainer and a golden rule that I’m constantly surprised at these types of incidents.

I remember my dad saying to me about the great Liverpool sides of the 70’s and 80’s that although they really could play he’d heard Alan Hansen point out that no opposition ever scores against you from Row Z.

How true.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Ridiculous post. He had an excellent match today, let down by Bartley for the goal.
    Any ball into the 6 yard box is keepers ball all day long or should be with a decent keeper let alone 5 yards out and the useless Johnstone 1 yard off his line facing the play and the ball 🤷*♂️

Again today cross to middle of box on the 6 yard line from a corner keepers ball 100% all of the time if he comes gets touched it’s a foul

Where’s our clown thats it rooted to his goal line FFS

PLEASE PLEASE go ASAP

S hit goalie always has been always will be

Again shocking goalkeeping from Johnstone tonight for the 2nd goal

Header from 4 yards out at the back post from a corner where was he stood flat footed on his goaline again

He needs to go ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Again shocking goalkeeping from Johnstone tonight for the 2nd goal

Header from 4 yards out at the back post from a corner where was he stood flat footed on his goaline again

He needs to go ASAP

I won’t be crying if he goes! Fantastic shot stopper but poor poor positional wise

This sounds so much like Tony Godden, the only difference being Tony had Wile and Roberson in front of him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)