+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Oh Aye, that clears it up.

I thought a conference was folk spikkin to each ither.
    I think there needs to be a conference today about who’s getting binned next season....or more appropriately who is actually worth keeping ?

That’s liable to be a short conversation

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Well, given the state we are in, i'd say that is great news?

We get to play superdiddy teams with euro away days, as warm ups for our brand new superattack team?

(rather than getting gubbed out in first round by some unkown and unpronounceable Albanian team secretely financed by a dodgy Italian billionaire?
    Let's not get carried away with the thought that the Europa Conference will be in any way easier for us. Every single team that knocked us out in the last seven seasons would have qualified for the Conference rather than Europa league in the season they knocked us out including Sporting Lisbon this season. We are still going to have to beat two teams like Sporting/Sociedad/Kairat/Burnley/Maribor/Limassol/Rijeka in order to make the group stages even of the diddy Conference league (plus one easier team as we will be seeded in the first round we play in).

So still plenty Money Laundering FC teams to knock us out in Q3 I'm afraid

So, for a nasty foreign team to be good enough to knock the mighty Dons out of a competition, then they must be involved in some money laundering scam.

Brexit rules.

Anyway, does it matter?
    We’re miles away from actually winning in Europe again ( well a couple of seasons anyway)

So European football means passports, foreign talent and foreign beer, hopefully somewhere you wouldn’t go normally.

So, for a nasty foreign team to be good enough to knock the mighty Dons out of a competition, then they must be involved in some money laundering scam.

Brexit rules.
    Is there also a rule that states said club must be financed by a dodgy Italian millionaire?

Can we appeal if said dodgy Italian millionaire turns out to have Scottish ancestry?

Brexit rules.
    No you just join the club as we are now partly financed by a billionaire (Arthur Blank) and mostly financed by a half-billionare (Cormack)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I think there needs to be a conference today about who’s getting binned next season....or more appropriately who is actually worth keeping ?
    New contracts?

I’d go with donsdaft, brochred, Mason89, hajduk, sonofrgmsdad, Comrade redmax, mondo, EdmontonDandy, pacman, InversneckieDob, jormungand, ohno as the bones of the sqaaad. Others are on trial until whenever I decide.

Addendum: certain loud-voiced priicks are already on the free transfer list.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    New contracts?

I’d go with donsdaft, brochred, Mason89, hajduk, sonofrgmsdad, Comrade redmax, mondo, EdmontonDandy, pacman, InversneckieDob, jormungand, ohno as the bones of the sqaaad. Others are on trial until whenever I decide.

Addendum: certain loud-voiced priicks are already on the free transfer list.
    Would imagine NaeMairNeeps ears are icepick burning.

Why on earth are they making another European tournament. Champions league should be for champions, Europa League should be winners of cups and maybe 2nd and 3rd in the league. Who wants to watch a competition where it is going to be teams that finish mid-table in their own leagues.

I agree for us, the qualifying rounds of Europe have been good warm up games rather than playing pointless friendlies... but even if we qualify for the group stages of the conference thing (assuming there are group stages), what's the point - it's surely going to be like that lower league Challenge cup thing we have in Scotland that's just an embarrassment to be involved in.

If they were doing a 3rd competition it would be better resorting to the cup winners cup idea - Champions in Champions League, 2nd and 3rd in Europa league and cup winners in cup winners cup. This new thing just sounds like a joke.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast