+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marc McNulty........

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Never have I been happier to be proved wrong although I did predict he'd hit the winner after me slating him.
    Well done Marc! Absolutely brilliant and you've made a lot of Arabs very happy

��������
    Seem's like a really nice guy as well and was magnanimous to the Sheep players at the final whistle.

Well done Marc you proved an affy lot of doubters wrong yesterday but I always knew you were a good player........

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I feel that Stoke Arab had something to do with Sunday's performance,the guy was still oot O breath at the post match interview and probably put in the hardest shift of his career.
    If you remember when i mentioned there was to be a team send aff Stokie Boy said he hoped McNulty would be with the fans,Yeats 62 then put up the lion and the ***** cat photie and the rest is history,FACT.
    He's had one good game.... get ower yirsel

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Seem's like a really nice guy as well and was magnanimous to the Sheep players at the final whistle.
    He does G, players like McNulty and Harkes aren't best suited to the fast ping pong type of game we played in order to compete with the Hamilton's of the league and stay in it. A fraction slower with more composure and we see what they can do.
    I also think Hampden might just suit this team really well.

He does G, players like McNulty and Harkes aren't best suited to the fast ping pong type of game we played in order to compete with the Hamilton's of the league and stay in it. A fraction slower with more composure and we see what they can do.
    I also think Hampden might just suit this team really well.
    Actually thought the pitch yesterday played a part as well. It looked fantastic and definitely made for a more free flowing style as opposed to the cow fields were used to playing on. I'm assuming Hampden will be similar.

As for the ping pong stuff, I'm not sure I agree. It's McNulty who keeps trying all the tricks, flicks & dummies which never pay off and frustrate me week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Actually thought the pitch yesterday played a part as well. It looked fantastic and definitely made for a more free flowing style. I'm assuming Hampden will be similar.
    To be fair the Tannadice pitch looked bobbly and lumpy v Partick. As you say Pittodrie looked easier to play passing football on.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Actually thought the pitch yesterday played a part as well. It looked fantastic and definitely made for a more free flowing style as opposed to the cow fields were used to playing on. I'm assuming Hampden will be similar.

As for the ping pong stuff, I'm not sure I agree. It's McNulty who keeps trying all the tricks, flicks & dummies which never pay off and frustrate me week after week.
    You're not the only poster who doesn't agree on my speed of play comments.
    What I mean by this is if you look at a lot of our previous games this season a lot of times players received the ball and tried to find a team mate instantly. That instant delivery often meant the receiving player was immediately under pressure so the next pass attempt was also hurried and possession breaks down.
    Yesterday our players were more composed and didn't look to play it away at the first opportunity, they waited and looked for the best opportunity. It made us night and day better. We've done it in other games but only in flashes yesterday we did it for most of the game.

The stats in lots of games, especially down south will show lots of occasions where teams had quite low percentage possession but still won the game because they made devastating passes in the final third, as we did yesterday.

Bye bye sheep sh aggers 🧡
    Hello Hampden👍
    Teddy Bear's lucky Purple final shirt 💜

McNulty gets a lot of unfair criticism imo, so he tries a few flicks and dummies that don't come off but GMS done this every game. He's been playing better than Shankland of late but Shankland will get away with the lack of chances created tag while McNulty is guff and disinterested due to him being a loanee. Scored the winner against Hamilton that ensured we stayed up- with a very fine finish by the way - but next to no recognition!

He's had some poor games too but so has everyone in the team but he seems to get it tight because he's a loanee and so doe Bolton but his is justified because he's rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    McNulty gets a lot of unfair criticism imo, so he tries a few flicks and dummies that don't come off but GMS done this every game. He's been playing better than Shankland of late but Shankland will get away with the lack of chances created tag while McNulty is guff and disinterested due to him being a loanee. Scored the winner against Hamilton that ensured we stayed up- with a very fine finish by the way - but next to no recognition!

He's had some poor games too but so has everyone in the team but he seems to get it tight because he's a loanee and so doe Bolton but his is justified because he's rank.
    Would have to agree with all of that.
    I suspect McNulty AND Shankland have been very very pi55ed off with the lack quality elsewhere and occasionally it's showed.

You're not the only poster who doesn't agree on my speed of play comments.
    What I mean by this is if you look at a lot of our previous games this season a lot of times players received the ball and tried to find a team mate instantly. That instant delivery often meant the receiving player was immediately under pressure so the next pass attempt was also hurried and possession breaks down.
    Yesterday our players were more composed and didn't look to play it away at the first opportunity, they waited and looked for the best opportunity. It made us night and day better. We've done it in other games but only in flashes yesterday we did it for most of the game.

The stats in lots of games, especially down south will show lots of occasions where teams had quite low percentage possession but still won the game because they made devastating passes in the final third, as we did yesterday.

Bye bye sheep sh aggers 🧡
    Hello Hampden👍
    Teddy Bear's lucky Purple final shirt 💜
    The ping pong comment was based on McNulty alone, not the team performance. He tries to play the ping pong style you mention every week and it simply doesn't work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)